Ex #33 Brayden Ham - sliced

Based on his interview at the end of this Vid, … I think he thought the whole thing was “Awseome!”

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of Michael Tuck (but a bit shorter).

His mum’s quite cute!

4 Likes

Of course she is, fancy being the lucky bugger sh@gging her, Mr Deck Ham.

1 Like

Yeah, not gonna touch that one.

Here’s a first-principles way to think of it. In this year (to date, damn mid-season draft) there have been 157 new players introduced to lists. Let’s assume that’s a typical intake, for simplicity.

They (or someone else already on a list) need to fill 207 main season games. That’s 207x22 players in a team=4554 slots.

4554/157=29 games per player.

Given the numbers above include normal and weird rookies and miscellaneous top-ups, I can believe main draft players get to 40.

The median number may be a lot less than the average, of course.

1 Like

You had to know that was going to happen…

2 Likes

Its ok we have Joe Misitis kid to come in a couple of years and he is huge.

Plus we have the Fridge

With Long looking unlikely as winger, and most likely delisted, or rookied at the end of the year.
This kid Ham has gone straight past him, and Jok who was thought could play on a wing during the JLT.
Ham has elite endurance, and some ticker and also a footy brain.
I rewatched his highlights on the weekend and his tackles werent bad.
Would be nice if he could keep his spot in the side.
Definetly a good backup for Zaharakis.

2 Likes

I watched him at the last training session before he was selected last week. He was outstanding. I didn’t specifically seek him out, he just simply stood out in every drill.
There was no question in my mind as to why he made the senior team last week.

8 Likes

He looked awesome in the very short period he got to play in JLT2. really glad the club gave him a run

1 Like

I’d say by the end of the Brisbane game the tall players looked cooked and Walla looked like superman.

3 Likes

doesnt matter if your taller, Tippa will just use his body and put a little bump in and win the marking contest anyway.

1 Like

Is he any good?

He is in under 16’s calder team i think have a look in the father son thread.

Those are two separate things, aren’t they?

Your talls are one thing - ruckman, 2 (ish) big forwards, 3 (ish) big backs.

And yes, they can command games if you happen to have very good ones, which we do. But part of their impact is because (unlike mids) they’re able to get one aerial one on ones, where height comes into play.

That seems to be a different question than whether or not small mids (for eg 178cm) mids can ever be as good as tall mids.
I’d argue they’re not “talls”, either way. We’re not ever really going to kick to them as contested marking targets, or use them to defend opposition marking targets. Are we?

1 Like

Can’t tell if this is a subtle usage of the Davey CHF meme or not.

Bear’s repeating…

Needs more power on his long kicks, he puts them up a bit, but a very smart and classy footballer.
I’m comfortable with him coming in at any time.

1 Like

Nice to see him back in.

I reckon he has come in to be that workhorse half forward that we have been missing so much since Brown has gone out.

I’d be interested to see if we honour his hit ups.

Excited.