#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Disagree.

He ran, contested and tackled. More than be said for McKenna, Goddard, Hooker, Hurley, McGrath, Baguley and others.

Only had 12 disposals, but he generally also I kicks better than most others as well.

I went to the game last night and kept a close watch on Laverde. In the first half he was very good, he did quite a lot of off ball work and got to some great positions but not rewarded. He disappeared a bit in the 2nd half. Overall I thought he looked quite good and definitely belonged out there.

5 Likes

All il say, and I canโ€™t be bothered anymore, id that if you think laverde was โ€œokayโ€ or you gave him a pass mark last night, then your standards are poor and essington is ingrained in you. He was sh*t. Again. He has had a good run at it now, and heโ€™s output is still no good.

Heโ€™s exactly the type of player we persist with for too long. Heโ€™s no good and I wonder how long itโ€™ll take people to realise. When heโ€™s delisted or traded, il quote this post

1 Like

You are spot on. You win some picks, you lose some. We have tried him and he just isnโ€™t up to it, time to give someone else a go

Yet you will persevere with Goddard, Baguley, Hooker, Hurley who are the blokes who lost us this game and the Carlscum one.

1 Like

Youโ€™ll only find out how decent he is up forward when you actually man up the loose defenders.

Heโ€™s lost a fair bit of lateral movement since that ankle/foot injury.

Iโ€™d never play Goddard and baguley again if it were up to me

Hurley has had a shocking year

And Iโ€™m pretty sure hooker held reiwoldt goalless didnโ€™t he? Odd comments all round mate

1 Like

You seem to know very little about our team.
Are you dermie?

2 Likes

Yep I would give both BJ and Bags the gold watch now.

Not sure if you could see all the play on the TV, but at the ground it was obvious that Hooker struggled to get into a good defensive position. He was always second to the ball and was very poor for him in the air.

Jack Riewoldt kicked one goal in the last, but he didnโ€™t looked that well. I do not reckon he should have played. And in spite of that Hooker had a shocker.

Send him forward; Klunk it in the goal square

1 Like

He needs to move the ball a bit quicker. After a mark he always holds up the ball far too long, allowing the opposition to cover the forwards.

1 Like

Eh.
I wavered.
He played some top class footy, and some absolute โ– โ– โ– โ– โ–  too. The question for me was sustaining good form, not whether he could play.

Jump on the bandwagon like the rest. In reality heโ€™s had a lot of injuries and shows a lot more potential than the rest of team at the minute. Yes heโ€™s played 5 or so straight games now, but he also missed a hell of a lot of football.

Heโ€™s holding his spot and getting better every week. What else do want?

I personally think heโ€™ll be a quality player and heโ€™s only 22. No one else his size takes contested marks around the ground and uses it as cleanly as him. This forum is way too fickle.

Is he clumsy below the knees? Sometimes, but he also shovels it out very well in contested situations and they often translate to goal assists. I seriously wonder if people on this forum just jump on someoneโ€™s comment and go with it and just look for negatives. Same goes for Langford.

2 Likes

Was a bit down numbers wise on last week, . which was his best since the Dees game, โ€ฆ but plenty were.

12 Disp, . 5 Cont Pos, 4 Marks 5 Tackles, 1 Goal. So considering his role and the flogging we got by a much better opponent, โ€ฆ he didnโ€™t really go backwards, โ€ฆ but may actually improved a bit more on last week โ€ฆ

Will see & know more after the Replay, โ€ฆ but for now, โ€ฆ Iโ€™m still in the KSHU boat.

1 Like

Yeah it was BSD, only confirmed on the Melksham thread afterwards

I wzs pretty confident pre game that Riewoldt would not do much, owing to his concussion the previous week, and so it turned out. Just because Riewoldt didnโ€™t do much doesnโ€™t mean Hooker had a good game.
He is just so slow to get to a ground ball, and his handball at times last night was terrible. He needs to take about 6 or 7 intercept marks a week to make up for his other deficiencies.
It was the same against GWS where he was miles of his man when the ball turned over at times, and several times Saad made ground to get to Hookerโ€™s opponent in marking contests. It looked at one stage as if Saad was playing on Cameron and Patton, but watching the replay I could see he just left his opponent to get to the contest when Hooker could not.

Yeah, nah.
Francis.
Itโ€™s time.

Gotta be close now, โ€ฆ and Brissy would be a good one for him too I reckon, .but Iโ€™m tipping itโ€™s more likely after the bye.

What is his โ€œbreak out gameโ€ going to look like?

6 goals?

30 touches?

I honestly donโ€™t know

Donโ€™t think itโ€™ll be a โ€œBreak Outโ€ as such this time around myself.

Started first up with 10 Marks and 21 Disp against Melb, โ€ฆ retreated after the initial rush and got back to decent last week, โ€ฆ and AFAICT probably took another small step fwd last night despite only 12 touches.

Think itโ€™s just steady improvement. and if the Melb game became his base and he was doing that most weeks (plus a goal or two) and the occasional better one, youโ€™d be happy with it.

Zerk