#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I’m not against giving him more games this year but at this stage I don’t see it at all.

1 Like

Not at all. I have plenty of praise for players I rate, go through the threads. If your going to defend laverde at least make it believable. He’s getting better every week? Lol. No he’s not

3 Likes

The problem with Hooker is that he is well suited to playing on hawkins, patton and maybe dixon & cox, but what do we do when there is no match-up for him?
Laverde is going somewhere between average and ok. Seems to have lost a yard of pace from the foot and hamstring injuries.

i was at the game, and he got into position pretty well most of the night.

i’ll admit he should not be the last man behind the play, richmond kept putting a fast small about 10 meters infront of him, and for obv reasons he couldn’t go with him.

but sure, lets send hooker forward again. it’s only 20 meters difference to were he’d have been starting in the backline anyway.

1 Like

He stays in. The season is over, we need to find out if he has a future at the club

4 Likes

I think we have

4 Likes

No we haven’t. Give him the Brisbane game and the 3 weeks after the bye and then make a decision.

1 Like

What about the blokes in the VFL continually performing and continually being overlooked?
When do they get their chance?

5 Likes

Name the forwards?

They take the positions of senior players who haven’t performed this season

2 Likes

Why does it have to be a forward?
Any of Francis, Redman, Houlihan or Bezerker could come in and play his role better.
I just don’t see him getting much better andthink he could be near his ceiling. I just see him as another Myers where we will invest years into him waiting for that one breakout game. Time to give someone else a go

2 Likes

Ahh the throw the magnets at the board and see what happens.

The board would play better

I’m not saying lav deserves to say. Ace you’re just saying people that have done 4/5ths of β– β– β– β–  all up front will come in and have tangible impact forward.

I don’t want Francis anywhere near the forward line when he comes in, should just be settled in defence

Give him another 4 weeks and find out if he has it or not

1 Like

Stunted Francis development by 1.5 years with the forward experiment.

Isn’t that what we are doing now?

I’d pick a young side and give them the year. Switch as fatigued/injured. Pull the pin on some older players. Go a Brad Scott rebuild.

2 Likes

I must have missed all the great stuff Lav does forward. I just don’t see it in him, he looks lost up there at times. Maybe he isn’t a forward. In case you didn’t know Redman was drafted as a winger HFF and played the majority of his junior footy and SANFL up forward and yet he has somehow been pidgeon holed as a defender

I’m talking in the vfl when he plays along side them which I saw first hand.