#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

That’s crazy. He looked the most confident I’ve seen him. His agility seemed to be improved, his kicking too. Continuity doing good things and then bam-string. What a shame.

2 Likes

hes pick 20 not pick 10.

3 Likes

Crazy indeed. He’s had long lasting injuries. From an early article it’s been:

Eve of 2018 season up to 10 weeks by a hamstring strain.

Serious ankle injury in 2017 JLT Community Series that saw him out of action for the first half of the season,

and 2016 broke his collarbone in the early rounds of the home and away campaign.

1 Like

Donate his body to science now.

2 Likes

How can you judge if he isn’t much chop if you never see him play fully clear due to injury? His agility has been badly impacted by hamstring issues.

I agree he isn’t durable enough and may not make it but I disagree with saying he isn’t much chop.

3 Likes

Shame,
He was fantastic on the weekend. Played a really physical game through the middle. Hope he is back soon.

3 Likes

You see his senior games this season? Or just about any senior game he’s ever played in his career? I just think he’s no good. You don’t have to agree with me

4 Likes

I honestly believe this guy has the tools to become a solid AFL footballer.
Maybe his body won’t allow it, but I’d like to give him to the end of 2019 before making a call.

I hope he stays on the list.

1 Like

I think I did disagree?

1 Like

Agree…and I don’t.

I honestly can’t understand how there’s still this much hype for him after so many terrible shots on goal and constant underwhelming performances scattered with the occasional “ooh that’s a good contested mark”.

We have so many better players who can give us more than 3 seconds of “ooh he LOOKS like a footballer”

At games you really grasp just how clueless he is when we set up defensively, either doesn’t understand/can’t be ■■■■■■. Has been the hole in our zone so many times it’s a disgrace he’s been gifted so many games.

Vs Richmond he was puffed out in front of the goals and could barely run by halfway in the 2nd quarter, he haphazardly ran and loafed around for 5 minutes till he was pulled.

Begley, Redman, Mutch, Guelfi, Ridley all showed much more in their first games than Laverde has in over 25 games of football.

That’s right 25 games, people still talk like he’s played 2

2 Likes

I genuinely think you have nfi in relation to football. and like wob you’ve only seen him in the afl after not getting a pre-season.

wtf do you think a players going to ■■■■■■■ do when they play in one ■■■■■■■ position in the vfl then get elevated to afl and have to play a different one?

3 Likes

There is a lot if people playing the man and not the ball in this thread.

Anyway.

Laverde has shown very little football related traits over the last 3 years (good 1st year) to show he is going to make it. His body letting him down even makes it worse.

I’d still give him another year but right now the only people who believe he will make it are more hoping than anything else in my opinion.

I’m hoping. But the hope is pretty desperate.

2 Likes

I’d keep him, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if one of the weak clubs made a cheap offer.

1 Like

I’d be surprised his inability to get a preseason through injury has crushed almost all chance he has.

Norf did take on Morgan after all and he’s way more cooked that Lav. Is Morgan even playing in the Norf reserves? Do they have reserves? Oh why am I asking these things, it’s not like I actually care. :neutral_face:

edit: It looks like Morgan is actually playing VFL.

Which proves what? He’s not durable? What is the point of saying this, what am I expected to do, wait till 2026 before making an assessment on him because he can’t get a full pre season under his belt?

I’d also argue, that his performances this year inthe seniors where he had a extended run at it, had nothing to do with getting injured pre season.

4 Likes

I’d say he hasn’t the fitness to play afl because hes not getting a preseason, hes too good for vfl because he dominates as one of the main forwards, he comes to afl and doesn’t play there replacing a josh green. no ■■■■■■■ wonder he’s been ■■■■ at afl level.

Yesterday was the best I had seen him move since maybe his first season. Was really excited that he could build some real momentum towards a late season call up. But that all goes out the window now.

One thing I will question is if he was the player that needed to have 2 weeks off. He didn’t play the week before the bye as he was the traveling emergency. I wonder if someone else was better suited to this role. Also did the 2 weeks off have any impact on causing this injury.

2 Likes

poor guy. has had horrible luck. Really like him, hope he can hit good form when he returns

2 Likes