#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

When Tim Membrey had his strong year,I thought Laverde could become our 3rd tall and play in that vein.

Only young still but these injuries just continue to stack up.

He must be incredibly frustrated.

Hopefully he turns the corner soon!

1 Like

Whether he’ll actually end up making it or not is another thing, but the poor kents body is made of glass :confused:

2 Likes

Shame

Was β– β– β– β– β– β–  good yesterday against Box Hill and although I wouldn’t have called him into the 1st, it would have been great to see him hopefully back it up against Casey

2 Likes

I agree that he has loads of potential, but in my opinion, his particular role means he needs to bulk up a little before locking down a big forward. We have enough rebound/intercept defenders.

I’m happy to see what he can bring next year. Give the rest of this year over to getting the poor β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  right. No games, just rehab and strengthening work.

2 Likes

If he’s not contracted for next year, this injury is bad timing. He could struggle to earn a new contract.

He has been remarkably unimpressive when he has played in the ones

I know he has been cruelled by injuries

I’d be inclined to give him one more season because the selectors/coaches seem to rate him…but one more season then outski if he doesn’t improve his chasing, kicking and general awareness

You don’t like him……I get it

I will agree with the portion of your post that mentioned his lack of fitness.
I’ve noticed him blowing really hard in the games I’ve seen live.
He’s trying to make contests, but the fitness is not there for the top level.

If he has another bad injury interrupt next pre-season, we will most probably cut our losses.

Is he contracted next year?

Whilst I don’t rate him, I just hope I’m plain wrong in the long term. I’d suspect he’d be given a 1 year deal and I’d be okay with that

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of his work but I watched the replay of the VFL game today and you can see how people are seduced by his talent. Looks like an Adonis at that level.

2 Likes

Goodnight sweet prince.

3 Likes

I like this kid and I think he could still prove a quality AFL player; but this next off season will likely prove to be make or break for Jayden. Simply can’t miss so much time without it messing with development, we’ve already seen him regress in various aspects of his game, kicking and lateral agility most notable. It’s like he is stuck in a cycle of 1 step forward, 1 step back.

1 Like

Poor guy, really feel sorry for him. I would love to see how he goes with a good pre season and an injury free run at it. He must be so frustrated.

2 Likes

Serious hammy in preseason

Then a not so standard ankle

Now another hammy

Poor Kent

then 2 impact injuries against geelong in consecutive years.

Adam McPhee!! that’s who he reminds me of.

Jesus, that’s been bugging me for ages, now I can go back to my life.

Reminds me of jerret. Totally different approaches at vfl and afl levels.

I’m not his biggest fan but was very impressed watching him at vfl level in his 1st year.

Injuries have definitely had an effect.

Still think he is overrated but poor guy hasn’t had a clear run free of injury.

Performance at afl level really poor but i think he has not deserved selection and would be better served getting fitness and match experience at vfl level

It’s a two week strain. These things happen. Hardly worth measuring up his casket for

5 Likes