#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

How many glass body players Dodoro pick?

Winders, Dempsy, Gumby, Laverdyโ€ฆ We need to develop a recruiting tool to avoid using high picks on glassy players.

Who has more tools, Laverde or Ambrose ? Laverde or Gleeson ?

Maybe he is just in the wrong position

Gleeson

Hmmmmโ€ฆ I donโ€™t like your choice of words, thereโ€ฆ

4 Likes

This is Essendon of course he will get another contract.

I imagine if you looked at most clubs you will find the same thing.

3 Likes

haโ€ฆ haโ€ฆ

Thatโ€™s why such a tool would be valuable.

So your point was inventing a tool, not belittling Dodoro like your first line suggested.

Unlike you, apparently, I can have one thought which then leads to others.

If I recall, Higgins was perennially injured at the doggies before they traded him to North. Now look at him go!!

4 Likes

Those of you that relentlessly bagged Gleeson, Langford, TommyBell, McKenna, Bags, Dea & Zaka have no right to any opinion at all on Lav. Please go and boil water as that is the limit to your expertise.

2 Likes

Clubs do a risk assessment on every draft pick they possibly consider.

This happens. And yes they have an injury likelihood scale.

But no club gets it right all the time.

And sometimes clubs think the risk vs reward is worth it.

1 Like

What I am saying is that there are vulnerabilities that are not being picked up by whatever risk assessments are being used now or in the recent past. As sports medical science progresses, this may be an area to consider. It would save clubsโ€™ investment in fragile players, and save those blokes from a future where they have chronic injuries. (Even if it is not the answer they hoped for as 17 year olds).

I agree that obviously clubs think the risk v reward is worth it, thatโ€™s why they pick them.

Iโ€™m not being a smart โ– โ– โ–  here. But do you work in sports science? A phys eder as Vlad would put itโ€ฆ

Clubs are very diligent these days. Drafting is a massive investment.

Just because players get injured doesnโ€™t mean that the sports science guys didnโ€™t identify the issue. Itโ€™s a high effort contact sport which required power and endurance. Players get injured. All the time. Always have, always will.

Name a more demanding ball sport requiring such an array of athletic ability anywhere in the world???

1 Like

Doubt anything would predict the impact injuries Lav has had. Then (depending on the injury and a zillion other things) they often have a knock-on effect on the surrounding soft tissues.

Bottom line is short of doing a full body MRI, and chucking a scope into every joint on every player at draft camp, thereโ€™s going to be stuff you donโ€™t know about.

Easton wood another who couldnโ€™t catch a break, Menzel.

Injuries happen, Heโ€™s been unlucky to date but this slight set back will be over soon and he will be back playing in the VFL in the lead up to VFL finals.

And fwiw I would give him another 2 years.

1 Like

Yes, but he was clearly best 22 at North when fit, and managed to actually play the majority of games while he was at North, bar a couple of seasons where he hardly got on the park

He is also another one of those players that the club have not played him to his strengths. Then wonders why he doesnโ€™t flourish learning a new role. Might be better off at another club.

This is why grammar is important. Dodoro recieved an email telling him to recruit classy players. There was a typo which read glassy players.

This wasnโ€™t picked up and dodoro has done as instructed

5 Likes