#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

He’ll come good, just look at Myers!

1 Like

I wonder if Richo kept the magnet.

4 inches too long to release a St Kilda style series of embarrassing stills

1 Like

Yesterday, Jayden said that he will miss one more game.

3 Likes

Good news. Must have been minor.

I’m wondering whether the club just goes all in on one position for the guy.

Bulk him up to play a jack darling role.

Or strip him down to play midfield.

Right now he is no man’s land.

1 Like

Looked a serious class ahead in the VFL yesterday playing predominantly midfield. Looked like a bull and played like one, attacked the stoppages, read the taps well, got first hands to it, super strong through the core and dished off well.

Should be left in the middle for the rest of the season and then focus on becoming the inside bull that we need over the off-season.

13 Likes

Has clearly shown enough talent to me to suggest he will at least make it at AFL level if his body holds up. It’s a big β€˜IF’ though. Hopefully he can do a Courtney Dempsey and get some continuity in his career. Myers has also managed to β€˜make it’ despite his early career injury issues. Let’s hope his elite ceiling isn’t ruined like Myers though. If he can all of a sudden play 85-90% of games over the next 2-3 years then I truly believe he can be a top 10 player for us.

He’s a bull but his agility worries me. Needs an off-season Rocky style learning to be fast with his feet.

BRING HIM IN

3 Likes

I’m sure his Nonna has some chickens he can chase around in the backyard

3 Likes

This is how Tippa should be teaching him:

3 Likes

I’m not worried about this β€˜supposed’ lack of agility. He’s no Fantasia in this area but I still rate it as normal when he’s been injury free and starting to play with confidence. Even this year I saw enough in the seniors that he has the class around the ball that it won’t be an issue.

Can’t remember the exact game this year but there is one moment that stands out where he was leading up (so running backwards) towards a loose ball with about 4 plus opposition around him as he cleanly gathered, did a blind spin out of trouble and then handballed accurately in the one motion.

2 Likes

Has a golden opportunity with the amount of injuries to senior players atm. Needs to grab it. I am still a big fan and think he has the makings of a very good midfielder.

1 Like

Also for those doubting whether he has the talent, go back to the preseason game vs GC last year and check out what Lav can do after a full preseason and the confidence is up…pretty sure it was Begleys first game in red in black where he kicked 4. And of course Lav got injured for a long time after that preseason game.

2 Likes

Play him the rest of the year in the magoos and see what he has to offer next year.
Let him settle and get both the mind and body right before throwing him in the deep end.

3 Likes

Is it more than likely than not that he is even with us next year?

I’m still not sure he has it, but I’d give him a 12 month contract to find out.
I think he’s worth that much effort on our part.

1 Like

Earlier in the season I was wondering if he’d get offers from elsewhere and might decide to try his luck elsewhere. But I’d be surprised if another club is going to offer more opportunity.

He doesn’t have the same agility he did as a junior, but he is no slouch especially for an inside mid, which I think is his AFL position. He does have a wicked step-and-fend combo though. Biggest area he needs to improve on is his kicking, just lacking that polish he had before leg injuries hit.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I meant that he may well seek a fresh start elsewhere. I reckon there would certainly be clubs who have recruiters/list managers who liked him in his draft year and would offer him a second chance and back themselves in to get his body right and tap into his undoubted talent.

I would certainly hope we give him another year and cross our fingers that he has his first injury free pre-season (and β€˜season’ in general) and can deliver what we saw in him originally.

1 Like