#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Of course. It’s silly too judge someone off one kick.

But I feel like in such a big moment it was telling.

Hoping someone with more inside knowledge can tell me I’m wrong but Lav is likely to be playing elsewhere next year.

Getting 2 year offers elsewhere whereas the club is only offering him 1

My source is pretty good but hoping I’m wrong

1 Like

Reckon we will lose 1 or 2 players this year

1 Like

Lav is ripe for the plucking. Thing is he has not really taken his chances when he has had them. Yes, injury has also not helped. Right now, it is hard to see how he can come into the side.

We won’t get much on the trade table either. Fourth rounder.

1 Like

I feel he is worth persisting with. I would offer 2 years. He has been unlucky and he is young enough to make it.

6 Likes

St Kilda will likely come again

Carlton, North will take anyone

Would be a shrewd pickup by a number of clubs - cheap, high upside and currently stuck behind a number of yougsters.

I would be prepared to give him 2 years, but I expect other clubs would be offering more money

2 Likes

Yep I’d give him 2.

saints want lav, they give us billings.

2 Likes

Or he can back himself to break into the team

There is no reason he can’t be looking it to take Myers spot realistically other than his own fitness & ability to be given serious midfield development hasn’t occurred due to his injuries.

Or if Stringers planned progression to midfield actually happens then LAV takes that 3rd fwd/mid role Jake has now.

Right now given he can’t stay on park it’s pretty hard to offer much more than 1yr.

I also can’t see him leaving for only a 2yr contract elsewhere. This is a diehard EFC supporting family.

4 Likes

Myers current form might be an example of giving injury-plagued young guy with talent a bit of faith

Not a surprise. Don’t care.
Hopefully we can get lucky and upgrade a 4th round pick to a 3rd round.

6 Likes

Like Langford I think Laverde needs some consistency in the 1’s to truly develop as a player. Also the club playing him in his non preferred position as a forward (he thinks himself as a mid and I agree) has stunted his AFL development.

2 Likes

He’s never been even close to fit enough to play mid at AFL level.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that he’s been injured constantly.

IT’S TIME

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if he moved on at the end of the year. Would be sad to see him go, I rated him higher than Langford, but he has had a shocking run with injury and is exactly the kind of player that β€˜good’ clubs lose each year. Those cusp/fringe players…

Hopefully we can pick up something of value for him if he wants to go and wish him well.

I think he is worth a 2 year contract though… so the club might up the offer if the $$ are reasonable.

I believe that is what other clubs are offering. Saints, Blues and I think a couple of others

I could be wrong and anything can change from now to trade week of course

If he is only being offered 1 year then we are effectively showing him the door

3 Likes

I think he will point to that hamstring tear in the intraclub earlier this year as poor management. I’m pretty sure Dan Richardson was being interviewed while the game was on and he remarked that Lav wasn’t quite ready yet or that he was surprised to see him out there. Then PING!

2 Likes

Lav knows you need to bend down in the midfield right?

1 Like