#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Does Lav have a superstar brother?

Menzel, … Alex Johnson, … I could go on for a hell of a long time here, …

1 Like

And probably will.

7 Likes

Lav isn’t worth much on the trade table. What i mean is that he’s worth more to us than what other clubs will be willing to give for him. I would expect a second rounder but it don’t think we can expect more than a third rounder for him. Give him two more years if he wants to stay and if he doesn’t work out or his body doesn’t come right, all we have lost is a third rounder.

1 Like

Though true - that also could apply to others - like Walla.

That is true. I’m not arguing that others haven’t had the same benefit.
I’m just saying it’s generous to say he was straight into the team and stayed there. There were very extenuating circumstances.

And of course, Walla has never been dropped even when we’ve been at full strength

I’m staying out of this thread now.
As i’ve said, I don’t actually care which way things pan out. I’m just not going to be bothered if Lav goes elsewhere because I don’t think it will come back to haunt us.

1 Like

He hasn’t (Walla), because he has proved his worth. Even when he had lower patches, he was backed in to come back into form - and rightly so.

The point is - Jayden has never been able to ‘come back into form’ - because of injuries - and others competing for his spot. It’s bad luck. It doesn’t really point to his calibre, skill set, tenacity, dedication or even what the club think of him. He was given chances - injury set him back - and we still don’t know what he could bring given the run at it.

In all honesty I think our list is in good enough shape that we can hold onto a project player with lavs upside for two more years. At the end of the day it’ll come down to whether we want to keep lav and pay a bit extra, or take some guy in the third round and pay less.

Stick by him. Don’t think we have anything to lose.

7 Likes

This post makes perfect sense. A very uncommon trait here on the Blitz.

2 Likes

Similar specimen to Caddy (remember that guy from that thread), if anything with more class, would give him more time than some skinny winger/half forward flanker who doesn’t seem to develop from one year to the next. Not saying Caddy is the bees knees but in a good team he provides plenty up forward, can bullock in the midfield.

2 Likes

I really don’t know about Lav.

I thought he was a gun after his first year. But injuries appear to have stunted his development.

I think he needs the rest of the year to build in the VFL. Then reassess, he should be 30 touch midfielder in the VFL consistently by years end.

I would happily give him 2 years if the $ were low.

I don’t think he’ll ever be a consistant 30 touch midfielder. He’d be a 20-25 possie, heavy lifter who is dangerous when rotated forward, good for 1 or 2 goals game.

2 Likes

I think he could play a similar role as Zeibell.

20 Likes

BEEN AROUND THE WORLD DON’T SPEAK THE LANGUAGE

1 Like

IT’S TIME

2 Likes

If Langford needs a rest, let Lav loose.

No point bringing him in to play a bogus role he ain’t suited to

That’s an incredible picture. Like seriously, all time great Australian rules pictures good. Did he take it?

2 Likes

IN THE BACK, FREE KICK PORT MELBOURNE!

5 Likes