#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Nah, he was too busy trying to mark the ball. Someone with a camera did.

21 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: VFL - Round 18 vs Port @ Port, 2pm Saturday 4 August 2018

UNREALISTIC ATTEMPT, FREE KICK

Lol I’d take that every day of the week.

He’d be almost our best player if he was racking up 450 possessions and kicking 35 goals a year.

No he didn’t. But it was an absolute ripper of an attempt.

1 Like

Yeah that’s obviously his ceiling imo, he’d be an impact player as opposed to a accumulating type of midfielder. More along the lines of a Caddy or Ziebell playing a decent chunk forward of centre. Has the potential to be a really good mid/for, That’s assuming he comes good of course.

1 Like

I agree.

I think he was always this type of player. He needs to come in this week and play 3rd tall forward for us.

I’d leave him in the magoos for the rest of the year playing as a mid. Let him get some continuity and some confidence.

7 Likes

where did he play on the weekend? forward or midfield?

I don’t see him making it as a pure forward tbh, the midfield is his home and he needs a run of games there, regardless of whether he is playing AFL or Vfl.

Playing him in the AFL as a 3rd tall will only hurt his developed imo

1 Like

Both.
And he played quite well.

1 Like

tagger

No it doesn’t. We will have lost the opportunity to hand Lav’s spot to someone who may be best 22.

β€œThe last couple of matches, Jayden’s really stepped up his work rate and his intent to compete. He played a lot in the midfield and forward and just played a strong game. He had 28 touches and about eight clearances in basically three quarters. His drive and his aggression at the ball was really pushed to his teammates as well. From what I can see, he’s got a new amount of confidence which I think if he gets the chance in seniors, we’ll see him impact some games at a level that he hasn’t done before.” – Nick Daffy

7 Likes

Hope he plays seniors this week but can’t see us making a heap of changes.

2 Likes

β– β– β– β– , that sounds juicy…

also, since when is nick daffy a coach with us?

2 Likes

And the beginning of LAV’s midfield training happens. That is fkn domination from 3Q

Hopefully he can stay injury free and shut all the naysayers clams over rest of season & VFL finals

Also prove his worth of longer term contract.

With a view to taking Myers spot in future

3 Likes

Why did he only play approx 3 quarters? Was he rotated to play 75% or did something else happen?

He was emergency for the seniors so got to the vfl game after it had started.

3 Likes

To quote Darli from another thread:

Lav and Luey have to stay at the G until the game starts to cover for any late late outs… then race over to PM, have a two minute warm up on the boundary and make it on to the ground at the 22 minute mark of the first quarter.

2 Likes