#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Redman is a mile off it imo and nowhere near ready for Seniors. They could of course go with hooker, Daniher and Stewart as the third tall, complimented by our smalls in walla, green and raz

4 Likes

I reckon as soon as Leuey went down the 3 tall forwards became pretty likely.

It does mean that Laverde finds himself battling for a spot against the smalls, as his height is less important.

Had what 4? goal assists.

Yep. As much as I would like to see Stewart get a game, personally I’d go with Laverde (his size and style make a point of difference in the front half, plus he can add to the mid rotations) and get some ruck time into Joe.

Get them all in and either win by 60 or lose by 100

We are such a unknown. It’s gonna be fascinating round 1

4 Likes

I’d have Laverde in if fit for sure. I think he has a huge future and is difficult match for height and pace.

3 Likes

Yep, I agree. I have a lot of faith in this bloke. It will click some time soon.

3 Likes

If you’re talking about a genuine replacement for laverde, then i think the forgotten man Ben Howlett should be in the conversation. Knows where the goals are, and adds a bit more midfield depth which we lacked yesterday. In saying this if Laverde is fit, he plays round 1.

3 Likes

Has some odd ankle injury that they are seeking more advice on tonight

Doubt we see him round 1

2 Likes

I didn’t like the sounds of that at all…

Flexor retinaculum injury is concerning. He may have to go under the knife with that.

Farking hell. He had no continuity last season and this season kicking off in the same fashion.

1 Like

We should have traded him when we had the chance! :worried:

1 Like

That will not be good unfortunately. Our injury list is growing very quickly now.

See you after the bye Jayden.

Forward line of Hooker, Daniher and Stewart.

One of Daniher/Stewart to relieve McKernan - and Langford to push forwad as 3rd tall.

OF course this is all until we unleash Francis in Round 3.

Are you guys looking at taking over Doc Larkins’ role of
prematurely pre-fact-ulating?

2 Likes

RIP LAV

Yeah it’s a really tricky one, that is one of those sorts of injuries that you need to wait till he is 100% before you play again because it can cause long term structural problems. I would say 6 weeks depending on if all his tendons underneath are in the right spots. It’s a month off weight bearing.

1 Like

Really odd injury, was an awkward landing where the foot seemed to flick around like it was on a spring. Barely seemed hurt, but obviously caused damage.

I reckon it wouldn’t hurt to get him some judo lessons, learn how to fall without hurting himself.

Might not have prevented this, but certainly can help decrease injuries which he seems prone to…

Absolutely mate. It basically holds all the muscles responsible for flexing your ankle in place at their tendons. A prick of an injury to do, especially on the eve of the season. Feel for the bloke. He’d be frustrated as hell.

1 Like

Someone shoot me.

9 Likes