#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Will miss 12 weeks apparently.

Ban if proven untrue

Have you spoken well of him in the last 2 years?

HARSH.

This is horrible news. Lav was best 22 for sure.

AFL article on it:
AFL article

Yep. Really feel for him. Huge pain in the β– β– β– .

I’d personally say his ankle would be even sorer…

2 Likes

Old case study but interesting stuff. All signs suggest surgery asap is the best bet. Worrisome that the participants in the study all said it cause perm damage to lateral movement…

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1323448/?page=1

I’m sure I’ve asked this question before so apologies but are there examples of players regularly injured in their early years that went onto have healthy, injury-free careers?

I can think of multiple knee injuries like Malceski, Rodan and now Menzel, but perennially injured, where they get injured just looking at a footy, nope.

From our end Gumby, Myers and Winderlich attest to that. From other clubs, Nathan Freeman, Jack Trengove , Anthony Morabito, Andy Otten and Beau Waters.

Maybe Jason Johanissen, know he has had hammy issues, not sure how severe or if it fits the bill?

Hooker was very injury prone early days, hird got not durable with age iirc. But yeah signs aren’t great for lav

Michael Hurley?

Awesome future for Lav then. He can either miss half of preseason with a hammy (Hooker) or roll his ankle bad enough to be in a moon boot (Hurley).

Robert Harvey had a bunch of hamstrings early in his career in reckon.

answer is simple, does not play vs geelong.

7 Likes

We’ll see.

Holy sh*t you’re right.

It’s happened again.

Poor kid seems jinxed. Just cannot get a decent run at it. So disappointed for him.

I’m crying inside

1 Like