#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Was Laverde going to play second ruck?

4 Likes

Wouldโ€™ve broken his back carrying the expectations of an essendon ruckman.

Sucks. Hopefully comes back strong and gets some games towards the end of the year. He looks good every time he manages to get on the park.

Is this the worst start to a season injury-wise in recent years? (Luey, Myers, Laverde, Ridley all out for a while, Hooker doubtful, Hurley & Hartley not great, probably more Iโ€™m forgettingโ€ฆ)โ€ฆ

Wtf? No. Our injury list is minimal. Half the guys you listed are fine

8 Likes

Definitely the worst year for pre-season panic dollar induced hysteria.

4 Likes

Iโ€™ve been doing some research about this injury and hereโ€™s my amateurish appraisal. The injured tendon acts as a major stabliser for the entire ankle and other lessor tendons rely on the same injured tendon to function correctly. So, because this major tendon is damaged, thereโ€™s possibility that lessor yet also important tendons may have too much movement. The question is โ€ฆ How badly damaged is the tendon?? Maybe they wont know until surgery. Post surgeryโ€ฆ Lav is likely to feel some form of irritation/ discomfort/ ongoing pain unless the surgeon nails the repair. I would say that there could be a likely need for additional tidy up surgeries at some point. It seems like a very nasty injury that shouldnโ€™t be rushed at all.

2 Likes

You beaut - it works!

Thereโ€™s also this quicker 2 click method that Splitround graciously provided a gif for โ€ฆ

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/1X/49767b954ffb552dbbdda17a8dc61438e3c150f8.gif

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s so easy!!

new blitz delivers

3 Likes

Jayden had successful surgery this morning. Interesting to note Justin crow said they were tossing up between surgery or a conservative approach with a moon boot. Heโ€™s glad they did surgery as they picked up another issue which they couldnโ€™t see on their scans which was laverde medial ligament in his ankle had ruptured and they repaired that.

19 Likes

Great news!

1 Like

ankle sore, sore ankle

They sure seem to love contemplating โ€œmaybe time off > surgery?โ€

5 Likes

how the fk do you not notice a ruptured ligament?

8 Likes

Does anyone have some relevant medical knowledge regarding how common it is for scans not to show injuries like ruptured ligaments? I have a long term injury which presents as a torn ligament but the scans and x-rays only show a bit of fluid and swelling. No one has a clue what the problem is.

I have a feeling they only did an x ray which I think doesnโ€™t show ligament damage(?) But CT scans which they may have not done, would show what is wrong.

And so they should.
Surgery should never be the first option.

3 Likes

Theyโ€™d certainly do CT scans before opting for surgery.

In your own post, you say he said scans,