#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Yeah im not sure what scans they were though which is why I suggested that

1 Like

hey it worked

You f–kers seem to care more about Jayden than you do about me.
But kudos to Jake Brady for the news and follow up
:relaxed:

3 Likes

I’m keen to understand if the recovery time has changed I suspect we will not see the kid til very late in the year at best.

Really disappointing.

2 Likes

It was a while ago, but I’ve certainly seen surgeons be very surprised by the contrast between reality, after opening up and what they picked up on CT scan.

1 Like

CT scans mainly focus on bones, airspaces and organs, whereas MRI scans look at soft tissue such as muscles and ligaments. Usually on scans, an injury is picked up by the surrounding inflammation processes. If there is not much inflammation, it can be easy to miss.

2 Likes

Yes you are correct, CT and MRI were what I was thinking of as I had to get an MRI on my ankle at the start of the year to check the ligament damage!

I rekon atleast 12 weeks so yes

Yep, … MRI is what I was thinking of, but I’m almost positive every professional AFL club performs all scans as well as XRays if deemed needed for any injuries.

Saw ankle, sore ankle.

1 Like

Yes they certainly get preferential treatment when coming into ED or the clinic. Usually like to avoid CT scans because of the radiation dose involved-the equivalent to 300 days at the beach in summer. MRIs usually after the Xrays if they require more information.

1 Like

That so?

β€œBlitz - You learn something every day”.

I’ve been sitting here wondering if would be worth a club getting it’s own small MRI, I know they come in β€œJust Limbs” size.

Wonder if it would be worth it, … have no idea what they cost?.

They cost a hell of a lot of money. But Reidy and the other docs work out of Epworth so can use their scanners. They are pretty much priority scanned so don’t need to spend 100s of thousands of dollars to have one at the club

2 Likes
6 Likes

De goey did that and broke his hand.

Our big body blonde midfielder from the draft is better.

I think we need to rest him when ever we play Geelong for the rest of his career. Last three time he got injured, we were playing Geelong. Something about the Cats, gives him rotten luck.

2 Likes

He has a similar body type to Tayte Pears, which worries me.

Ripped?

1 Like

Probably best to straighten up a bit before commenting then.

4 Likes

Question - how do you block someone on new blitz?

2 Likes