#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

The man does like the one-two…

1 Like

After 3 extra months in the gym working on his upper body, I expect Lav will be seriously built.
He was already a fairly good specimen.

I reckon he’s showed substantially more in the seniors than Langford.

Just an opinion.

3 Likes

BUT YOUR BOOTY DONT NEED EXPLAINING

I like the idea. He has all the required attributes

1 Like

Lav will need more than a few games in the magoos. His form pre-injury wasn’t exactly β€˜setting the world on fire’ levels. With a bit of work on tackling and endurance he will be a good player though

When he comes back I’d be playing him forward. Its his natural position, he’ll need continuity, and at the end of the day one injury to our small/large forwards and we would probably want him to play. Depending on how Begley keeps developing I suppose.

He has a bit of work to do to get into the team I reckon.

Stewart is doing a great job in the third tall spot and creates a genuine match up problem with his height and athleticism. Francis seems to be being developed into the Roughead role - a crash and bash forward who can go into the midfield and wreak havoc. Begley is showing a fair bit.

Our midfield is also looking increasingly settled, Parish will come straight back in and Langford is probably next in line for a spot. Hocking and Bird are putting up consistent numbers and Mutch is nipping at his heels.

It would be a frustrating time to be injured, watching all those guys stake their claim. Good to see - selection pressure is gold.

3 Likes

who was his dj?

1 Like

They are very different players. Apart from height, they don’t share much at all.

I think Laverde shows a bit more devil than Langford, and my strong suspicion is that they’re trying to instil that devil into Langford.

No doubt about that. He definitely does. They are trying to get more consistency into Langford’s game. He’ll never have Laverde’s approach, his personality is different.

Also Laverde runs straight lines, Langford plays angles, Laverde bullocks through, Langford steps around, etc.

I enjoy them both.

10 Likes

Hard to remember Lav it’s been so long.
He would have loved playing o the weekend with the ball coming in fast and precise.
Another player with great footskills who can be potent up fwd. I’m not sure he’ll be designated the 3rd tall, but alot depends on his tank.
Nice that he may come back a hulk but it’s his fitness that will determine if he can gut-run, make 2nd attempts, chase etc. All important for a forward and all the more crucial with our gameplan.

Dj pinger carlise

4 Likes

Doubt very much that Laverde will play AFL in 2017 - He’s still 2 or 3 weeks away from playing VFL and will need a block of 4 or 5 games at this level.

1 Like

Spewing he’s been injured this year. I was very lid off about Lavs preseason form. So good that it convinced me we do actually have a really good player in the future if he remains injury free. Can find the footy, is clean, can mark it, can kick a goal and has that hard edge about him. Don’t think Stewart would have had a single game this year if Lav was fit.

Loved the way lav and Langford played across half forward/deep forward against fark Carlton last year. Such a tough match ups for the opposition to combat. Hopefully they can both feature together up foward and the midfield sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

LAV

4 Likes

Want this β– β– β– β– β– β–  to return more than anyone this year

5 Likes

How many VFL games does one need to play to qualify for finals?
If we make finals it would be great if LAV was eligable