#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

7, I think.

I think its four but no more than 7 Afl games (unless your afl team is also playing finals).

2 Likes

Injury Update - June 20

Darcy Parish will be available for selection when the Essendon match committee meets to select the team to take on Sydney on Friday night.

The 19 year old has missed the last two games with a calf injury but has trained strongly in recent days and has been given the all clear to return to the field.

“Darcy had that tibialis posterior injury which is a muscle in his calf, obviously it was a low grade injury to one of the smaller muscles in that area,” High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

“He’s recovered really well and he’s now done a couple of weeks of training.

“He trained well today and he’ll be available to play this weekend.”

Mitch Brown will also be available this weekend after overcoming an ankle injury.

The 26 year old was helped from the field in the dying stages of the match against Melbourne in round six.

“Mitch has also made a really good recovery, he trained well today and we’ll expect Mitch to be available and play this weekend,” Crow said.

There are promising signs for Jayden Laverde with the third year player stepping up his training load ahead of a possible return as early as next week.

“Jayden was involved in the main training today … we’re really excited to see him hopefully, all going well, next week,” Crow said.

“Jayden has a meeting with his surgeon this afternoon where he’s hoping to get that final tick off and then the rest of it is making sure his conditioning is ready to play.”

Patrick Ambrose is a month away from returning from his quad injury while Ben McNiece is expected to miss this week’s match after picking up a knock during training.

“In the pre-season around March he had some whiplash issues from a collision out at training,” Crow said.

“He took a knock in the session (last Saturday), he didn’t finish training – we had it scanned and he’s got a little bit more of an issue with the whiplash that’s re-aggravated.

“We don’t expect him to get up for this weekend and then we’ll assess his improvement over the coming days.”

The Bombers matches against the Swans on Friday and Williamstown on Saturday in the VFL come after the Club’s mid-season bye.

With ten home and away games remaining, Crow said he’s happy with the overall health of the playing list.

“We’ve got most of our players available,” he said.

“They trained really well on Saturday and again today.

“We’re doing some good peak intensity work where we’ve got our intensity ‘above the line’ – so our guys are in a great place to perform over the coming month.”

5 Likes

Tick.

1 Like

#whateverittakes

1 Like
13 Likes

OH BABY

LAV

1 Like

TALK
VERDE
TO
ME

cue saxophone

6 Likes

Yes, Parish is back in, too.

He’s so Flair.

2 Likes

Excellent. We really need him in the midfield.

I agree. He’s definitely our best 18 game, 12disp, <1 goals/game, HFF we’ve got. Walks straight back into the starting midfield.

Holy ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

I hear you saying you feel angered about something…

I can’t work out what that is.

2 Likes

Angered? Nah. Puzzled. Puzzled at how biased and deluded people can be.
This kid has talent and athletic ability and has given us a small taste of this. But has proved NOTHING! The premise that he’s somehow going to come into the side immediately following injury and have a significant impact (especially in the midfield) is laughable.
Let’s just try and be at least a little bit realistic for just a minute.

1 Like

I agree.

Miles off it in terms of development.

People need to have a look at Langford to see that these players take time.

Laverde is a half forward at this stage and like Langford will eventually get an opportunity in midfield. Like Langers though, he will most likely need to do his apprenticeship in the VFL. I wouldn’t be expecting big things from Laverde until late next season at best and that’s if he has no more physical complications.

He should develop into a good player but will take time.

1 Like

exactly. If he plays seniors this year I’d imagine it would mean our season is actually cooked and we can’t make finals. I’d be astounded to see him push into the side otherwise. Begley is ahead of him at the moment IMO.

1 Like

Lol.

I think you’re 1 underestimating lav. And 2 overestimating how ready begley is. He struggled to run out the vfl game on sat.

2 Likes

Like you say, if he’s in the side he has either come back playing like Gary Ablett Jnr or our side is cooked and out of the running.

Begley for me is developing well but still needs time.

I would like him to have a crack as a full time mid in the VFL but that may not happen until next year.

I think he’s got the most potential of the young guys to play a role in our midfield as a clearance player.

2 Likes

And how well do you think Laverde will run out a game of VFL after having surgery on his ankle and his foot in boot for ~6-8 weeks? Surely you’re not suggesting he’s anywhere near senior selection?

1 Like

BRING
HIM
IN

4 Likes