#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

North also. They showed him their best tins.

Should be. But he’s lazy and unfit.

I reckon he’s in for sure now with Green out.

BRING

7 Likes

Interesting that we then took him at 20 after we had pick 17…

We must have rated Langford top 3

Wasn’t it because fark Carlton? We played with what we knew their target order would be, or something like that?

5 Likes

You will be pleased to read posts like this from Blues supporters on Bigfooty…

22 Likes

That makes me feel all warm inside.

7 Likes

Me likey

Dunno about that: herpes is a perfect fit for Fark Carlton.

4 Likes

I also remember an interview post draft with EQ where she was asked how she rated the various clubs’ hauls etc & she said to keep an eye on Laverde as he has the potential to be the shooting star of that draft (words to that effect).

Stringer’s pretty happy with himself IMO, celebrates an over the back goal to put them 45 up like few others.
you’d expect a 190ish forward to lead long hard and often. The buzz on him was always that he’d end up in midfield but i haven’t seen much to suggest he would have the work rate to cope.

1 Like

Show us yah tins!

Ranked 5 or 6 Emma Quayle too

That’s where I had him. Was sure Pies would take him.

lol

Yes, exactly right. We rated Lav above Langford. Carlton was interested in Langford and not Lav so we took Langford before their pick knowing Lav would be there for us.
A gutsy move and one that I hope bites Carlton for years to come.

1 Like

I still can’t believe Carlton tricked us into not taking Boakhurst.

20 Likes

To be fair to Carlton (and it makes me feel dirty to say that), I had my first look at Boekhurst against WB on the weekend, and he looked pretty good. He looked like a very good runner and a pretty good user of the ball, based on that once only view.
I still don’t understand how Dodoro could have been so confident of Carlton not picking Lav after Langford was gone. Maybe he knew they were keen on Boekhurst, but my recollection is that Boekhurst was pretty much an unknown and a surprise selection. Who had the other pick after 17 (Langfored) and prior to 20 (Laverde)? Was it the Swans, and they had a commitment to use it on an academy player, or something like that?