#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

I think people take the hype train way too seriously, rather than recognise it for what it is. Which is supporters having a bit of fun.

The train was being firmly driven by WOB and stallion. All the LAVโ€™s and talk verde to me, was just a bit of fun. Do people really take this seriously?

The whole point was getting carried away with the hype, not because people donโ€™t know football, but because itโ€™s fun!

4 Likes

But letโ€™s not forget he actually is going to be a good player. He and Langford both.

1 Like

It depends on your interpretation of doubters i guess, what do you call supporter who wants him chopped after one game ?

Whoโ€™s calling for him to be dropped?

Just read a fair bit of hate that I didnโ€™t expect. First game at AFL intensity in nearly 12 months! He did ok I thought. Ran a bloke down that caused a goal. Missed a shot himself. Reckon he will pay a lot better next week.

Itโ€™s always stallion and wob for hype train. Perennially overlooked.

I go day zero on lav and mckenna and itโ€™s like oh Conorโ€™s ivens child. Oh lav is stallions.

โ– โ– โ– โ–  it itโ€™s my sook. I got talk Verde going.

5 Likes

Did someone say something? Must be the wind.

7 Likes

I havenโ€™t read any hate in here, just comments on whether he did much or not.

Soul destroyed

Jeez, played one game after coming back from a near season ending injury and people are calling for him to be dropped after he produced an average performance. Get a โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ–  grip.

2 Likes

Thereโ€™s no reason to think Green walks straight back in after next week. Laverde has tonnes to offer and needs a chance to get up to speed. Even if heโ€™s pretty quiet against the Dogs, surely we persist? I know this doesnโ€™t go with how Langfordโ€™s faring, but Conor got time to find his feet. Hopefully Lav is one the coaches feel will benefit from a good run in the firsts.

Since the start of the game on Saturday:
Posts explicitly calling for him to be dropped - 3
Posts complaining about people saying he should be dropped - 5
Posts complaining about people complaining about people saying he should be dropped - 3
Stupid post counting posts - 1

Posts explicitly saying he should stay in - 32

11 Likes

Green is A, C, and can create goals from nothing and has done so at AFL level for years. This is no knock on Lav, but your kidding yourself if you think any different. Lav is a kid, has played a hand full of games, and has been out injured all year. I think he will make a great player, but he doesnโ€™t bring as much to the team as Green does in that particular role yet.

Lav stays in while Green is injured, and unless he has a great game next week he will have to make way for Green. With finials on the line we should be playing best available, when available.

1 Like

Laverde only played one unrestricted VFL game in the lead upโ€ฆ

I think the step up to a full game at seniors level proved to be pretty demanding. For example, I think I saw him struggling to keep up with the defensive running at times. But the tank should be slightly better with each match.

The last player that was young and was getting used to game I doubted needed 4-5 games to find his stride and he was Irish.

Verde only needs about 3. 1 down 2 to go.

Believe in the Green.

P.s. Stop comparing him to J.Green, heโ€™s a different player and they both have their pros and cons.

1 Like

Lav never been delisted from the worst club in the comp.

1 Like

My boy LAV.

Maybe thats because Lav never knocked back the contract they offered him in preference of leaving

Needs more graph.

2 Likes

Should have traded him to the Saints