#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Verde thread, not the McGraph thread.

Thought he was ok. Didn’t star but I did think he could have used another full VFL game before coming back in to the seniors. Very excited that he is fit and can now build on his form in the seniors for the rest of the year.

Hope he goes well this week, otherwise Green could come straight back in and id like Lav to get 3 games to get up to speed.
We need to adjust our forward play, but maybe he was putting blocks on etc, that green cant do, i mean we did kick 20 goals.
He could impose himself this week.

Its impossible to predict who our leading goal kicker of the week will be
Daniher
Fantasia
Hooker
Walla
Danihers twin
Lav

Will get dropped. Nothing surer.

Lav would be the one I would be sending to Johannison for the first 5min on Sunday.

4 Likes

Send them all to him.

3 Likes

Chin up mate, I appreciate a good β€˜KEILOR’.

we’re not even tanking for the best keilor kid ever (cam rayner)

1 Like

Mark Mercuri?
Joe Misiti?
Mark Harvey?

1 Like

North pick him at one, we get him in four years time when he wants out.

2 Likes

You mean GWS

2 Likes

Trust a cantankerous type to not pick a joke.

My bosses son coaches him. I thought my boss had given me a hot tip an a high draft pick. But it turns out he was back page of the hun.

TBH theres some flaws to his game, which could see him being a slider. (like 2 picks)

I saw a mock draft today that had us going paddy dow.

Lav should be given at least another week to have a decent go at showing what he’s got.The way the team as a whole played you would have been hard pressed to look the best.

While I think Greene has played well my pet peeve this year has been the amount of times he has been caught out trying to take contested marks against much bigger opponents.Have not been sure if this is Greene,s fault or the fault of the player kicking the ball to him. At least he has been a proven goal scorer which keeps his opponents on their toes.

For Lav to retain his place in the team he needs to be a scoring threat as well as a defensively minded beast. At least he makes more sense as a marking target.

1 Like

Are you serious ?
Green isn’t ready, and if they were going to promote Jerrett, last week would have been perfect.

No way they drop Lav after 1 game.

Think he means next week he will when green is ready - if laverde doesn’t play well this weekend.

He has been disappointing so far. He has so much more in him so hopefully he can get some confidence going.

From the match review, my thoughts:

Don’t get the criticism of Lav. I think he was below average no doubt but he clearly has the tools and shows signs. He’s had months out. If you rate him enough to bring him in you don’t punt him when he doesn’t go HAM after 2 games… he’s the least of our worries. Needs development in the seniors, no point him going to the 2s and dominating. When guys like Jobe are Jobeing and Colyer is offering nothing after 70 games and a whole season this year there is no reason to drop Lav IMO.

5 Likes

Don’t drop. Attacked some contests like an absolute bull and got some good releasing handpass off. Reckon he’s getting back into the swing of things. Keep him in. Myers was worse.

1 Like