#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Wow you’re a special type.

4 Likes

Just needs a proper run at it and he will win over all the doubters.

3 Likes

Thought he was much better this week - still made some β– β– β– β–  decisions but he did some really good things in close in our forward half.

Persist.

Get games into him. I’ve thought for the past few years he was a poor set shot, some of his decision making with the ball was poor but that tackle he laid on the boundary to set up a goal when we couldn’t buy one was the type of β€˜creativity’ I like to see from a forwardline when it’s performance was as reliable as a rotten branch. That’s what Walla brings to the team, make something from nothing.

1 Like

0.5 from four games.

He’s had his chances.

2 Likes

Langford got dropped after his last fwd game including 2 goals

Don’t understand how he or Langford are supposed to work with Joe, Stew and Hooker.

3 Likes

The same way Tom Lynch works with Jenkins, McGovern & Tex.

Hard work up and down the field, link man between mid and fwd.

LAV needs to get on his bike more to get involved in play more often and obviously get his decision making / ball use tightened up.

Took a long time for Lynch to become that player though. Switched clubs. Building his tank etc.

2 Likes

He is improving, just hope he gets a full preseason and a decent run at it next year.

To be fair, McG & McKenna had a few bloopers.
I still have a lot of faith in this guy.

Hungry

I thought on the whole he was very average, improved in the second half but he has a lot of work to do. Has certainly had some chances.

1 Like
1 Like

Keep playing him. Should not have been dropped. Slowly improving, needs games. Every match before finals increases chances of becoming a legit wildcard in the finals.

2018 is his real year. But could be a good cameo in 2017 elim.

6 Likes

I rate the kid but I reckon he’s been pretty ordinary. I didn’t think he was much chop last night

I think he’s got potential.
I also think he had more than a few bloopers.

He was ok last night.

Couple of nice tackles, took a great grab at CHF. But dropped a few marks and kicking was bad.

He’ll get better each week.

1 Like

He is improving with each game which is all we can ask considering his age and how much football he’s missed. Patience is required.

3 Likes

Blockquote
I agree with most of this. Though, needs to put his body in contests and sometimes win his own ball. Then, he’ll be the weapon we all hope he does become.

Wonder if his injury could affect his kicking?