#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I’m a big fan of his and think he is going to be a gun, but it doesn’t look like he is going to find any form at all this year. On todays performance I think I would rather keep Hocking in the team than him

2 Likes

I think he’s got the goods and he just needs consistent game time to bring them to the table, but not sure we can carry him into a final in the form he’s in. Prefer Langford at this stage - he offers more up forward, and may be the missing ingredient from our midfield set-up.

4 Likes

Back to the 2nds for Lav, miles off it. No doubt he will end up a good player but there are many players ahead of him in the 2nds.

1 Like

Doesn’t like the hard ball and was very lazy today. No way he gets a spot in the next game

2 Likes

Always seems to play better up the ground.
It’ll be great to see him play next year.

Was our worst today. Imagine him against the Swans in a final. Would be absolutely monstered. Zero intensity topped off with pretty poor skills

Looks like someone with zero confidence

Those 2 missed kicks to Tippa in our F50 were horrendous (actually I think one was outside 50) as well as the OOF at 3 qtr time.

Have been a big fan from day 1 and still think he will be a star but we really cant carry him into a final in current form,
Of course if the returning guys arent ready we will have little to no choice

2 Likes

That mark he took for his goal was very impressive.
He’s got a long way to go, because he’s coming from a long way back, but he’s gonna be good.

6 Likes

He was OK today.

The question is if Hooker, Hurls and Raz are fit who do you drop?

Hmmm I honestly don’t notice any of these negative things in games that people are posting about. He’s ok. Will get better

Hartley?

Similar to Francis, if this bloke can get anywhere near the hype, we’ll be in great shape

1 Like

My eyes saw his out in the full at 3 QTR time. That was a turning point in that game. Serious. 38 points and goal on siren shuts a team out.

Out on the full is deflating. Was poor temperament sadly…

1 Like

I think people get a bit too persuaded by his physique. He looks the the prototypical modern day footballer, but really he hasn’t shown anything of significance yet. He has only played 23 games, so still has plenty of time, but what is his special power?

Begley in two games already has several high quality AFL skill sets.

7 Likes

Love the Lav but agree with others - Hocking before Lav

I’ll be furious if he keeps his spot and ropeable if he’s selected.

1 Like

You’re kidding aren’t you? What on EARTH were you watching?! He was shocking. Putrid!!!

From his 8 touches he had two direct turnovers that cost us goals, he had one ordinary golf chip kick inside 50 that went the length of the ground and cost us a goal and also kicked a set shot at 3QT out on the full. He had less score involvements than Hartley FFS and gained the least meters (68) from any player in our 22!!!
Would rather an unfit Francis any day than that CRAP.

7 Likes

I guess there is a fair point to be made in distinguishing β€˜played poorly’ and β€˜won’t make it’ as a player. Clearly he is producing some ordinary football at the moment and that needs to be acknowledged. The fact is though that he remains a really good prospect given the context of his season and progress with such limited football.

4 Likes

In the last quarter when we had stopped runnibg, he was one of the only guys to keep leading at the footy giving the kicker an option.

He is working hard but just hasnt got any sort of touch at the moment, he goes back to the vfl and raz takes his placd

He will have a long career at the bombers, no long term worries for me

1 Like