#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Surely the more amazing part of that video is that the jenga tower* stayed intact

*the jenga tower that seems to have players faces on it for some reason

6 Likes

Barwon Heads is way too close to Geelong for my liking. When I saw a new post in this thread, I was holding my breath a little

Tight hamstrings will be wheeled out to explain his inability to perform in the intra. Well thats fair enough, but why play him at all ?

When he was in the game in the 1st half he didn’t read the game well, or get to the good spots to receive or win the ball.

No where near best 22 at the moment, guys like Langford, Myers, Begley, Redman are all ahead of him.
Lav’s needs a good run in the 2s before he breaks into the team.

Agree i was very disappointed after the pre season he has put in so far that he barely got near it playing in the midfield. Hope he impresses in the jlt. Glad the coaches have given him a go in the centre though.

LAV has ALWAYS looked good on the track, yet delivered little. Still plenty of time before round 1 to push for a spot, the JLT will be important

1 Like

So I get that Laverde was pretty disappointing in the intraclub.

But I’d be certain he is still in front of Redman.

2 Likes

I’m not planning in reading too much into a first intra club match - positive or negative.

3 Likes

For me it’s hard to know what to make of these types of matches. If one part of our game dominates over another is that because we are really good at that aspect or are we weak at negating that aspect? For me I take away from intraclub games their skills and focus: hitting targets. Taking marks. Kicking goals. Caring enough to do the 1%. Following the game plan, and following your allocated instructions. Not getting injured.

The JLT games will tell us more when we are no longer playing with ourselves.

5 Likes

It’s just a talking point lads. It’s been a long off-season. Might as well put down your thoughts and document the journey.

This website has been built on reading too much into too little.

We’ll all change our minds next week anyway.

3 Likes

The blokes up at AFL House have been playing with themselves for many years.

2 Likes

For the panic merchants, my sources* say he was doing some extra training last Wednesday at Aberfeldie Park with Mr Hooker. Which admittedly tells us nothing about his current status.

*in this case, guy I work with

He got into the seniors last yr on the back of a couple strong games up forward with plenty of goals.

Love him to get in with some consecutive 20+ possession games.

I do tend to think that this year could be make or break for Laverde and Langford. I don’t think they need to be stars but do need to show some improvement.

3 Likes

100% agree. We tend to keep out first rounders for far too long, purely on the basis that they were picked first round.

Both out of contract at the end of the year as well.

Would another club pick them up - agreed think one wont be there

You lot are mental, they are still just kids.

Whenever they have been fit they have either been in the side or close to being so

They are probably in our best 25 players already, in time should become best 18. They won’t be being pushed out door anytime soon IMO

6 Likes

I think the point is, if they are fit and healthy, but can’t crack a regular game in the 1’s they’ll probably be asking to leave so the club will have a battle on their hands to keep them

LAV

Needs to stop partying too

2 Likes