#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Sounds like nonsense to me. Agents are player representatives and are obliged to follow the instructions of their client. Lav probably used the St Kilda offer as leverage for a better offer, which is a perfectly reasonably negotiating tactic in this day and age.

2 Likes

Connors entertained it

LAV and family are lifetime EFC supporters. Heโ€™s not going anywhere.

Donโ€™t think he will be spitting the dummy about game time thus far when he has been injured for most of his career & only just got himself fit.

The list knows whatโ€™s ahead for this group given the class of players between 18-25yrs old.

1 Like

Can you at least wait until the middle of the season before you start packing their bags for them???

3 Likes

Blitz pls.
Theyโ€™ll both get 3 year contracts minimum.
We need one of them to become a player and I reckon the club will see that as a fair risk/reward.

1 Like

True but sometimes there are dodgy people who only care about getting more money regardless of who they represent.

Obviously, we wonโ€™t know what really happened, but here is hoping it was only Connors who tried to make the push, and Laverde stays along with Langford โ€“ and fulfill their potential.

Iโ€™d honestly be asking questions of Laverde and Langford if the likes of Myers are being selected before them.

At some point these โ€œkidsโ€ are going to have to break into the 1โ€™s or else they will find themselves like old mate Jackson Merrett being on the list for 6+ years effectively being list cloggers.

They still have time but at the same time, we havenโ€™t seen anything outside of one game here and there to suggest that they will be best 22 in the future.

Clocks ticking

I think the questions need to be directed towards the coaches.

Myers appears on face value to be adding very little to the side and yet is prioritized over two talented kids.

The same club that gave Jerrett a contract is giving Langford and LAV multi-year deals even if they play the season out in the VFL.

7 Likes

Poor list management. Neither deserve it.

1 Like

If Myers gets 3โ€ฆ

1 Like

You might be right.
I wasnโ€™t arguing it wouldnโ€™t be.
Just what will happen.

If The bombers have a cracking season and both Lav and Lang play well but cant get in (due to a winning A side or team balance or whatever)- then the pressure then is as balanced back on Dodoro and Team as to keeping the boys and or risk them looking for opportunity elsewhere. Both these boys have a future , but if preference is given to say Myers and he takes it , not sure it is the fault of either one , it could simply be about opportunity and nothing more.

Either way, by the end of the season weโ€™ll know if their any good

If they are, they must play most the season

1 Like

If these blokes play the year out in the VFL, they will still get a contract offer from us.

They are a long way from the bottom of the pecking order.

The question is whether theyโ€™ll stay and accept the offer if they arenโ€™t getting AFL opportunity.

2 Likes

Look, if theyโ€™re in the VFL and knocking the fricken door down then we will be in a great position. This has not happened too many times of late. Lave got in on the back of 9 goals in two weeks and Raz was injured iirc.

Opportunity will arise for the both of them.

Itโ€™s fanciful to think a โ€œbestโ€ 22 stays on the park everyweek. Just got to ensure they themselves do stay on park and force their way into the team on form.

Editโ€ฆ I spoke too soon! RIP

How unlucky for him given was having a strong preseason and was out running plenty at training.

done hamstring (tendon) - out for 8 - 10 weeksโ€ฆthis dudes becoming too injury prone

FARKN WAT

2 Likes

They are top 20 picks heading into their 4th year into the system. I expect them to be good enough to be consistently pushing into the senior side.

Source?