#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Cue a @Bomb_Doe gif with a cat interrupting the intraclub

ok. just going off EFC AFL website

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/teams/profiles/rookie

cat-intraclub

15 Likes

They werenโ€™t going to offer a second round pick last time, they certainly wonโ€™t for a player who has failed to play almost any AFL now.

1 Like

Yeah itโ€™s out of date, shocking I know :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/local-afl/jake-long-elevated-to-essendon-bombers-senior-list/news-story/686891225ce25ac0ae0842282db9465b

1 Like

I hope the club is just ultra conservative with Laverde moving forward.

I love how many blamed the fitness through assumptions. You know they donโ€™t have the authority to pull them off the track. They advise the coach, the coach then makes a call obviously taking into account the players viewpoint.

Mark Harvey is no longer a senior coach because he continually ignored the fitness staff and his list crumbled.

Iโ€™m not saying thatโ€™s what happened here. BUT I wouldnโ€™t be pointing fingers based on assumptions. The truth wonโ€™t come out either because its not as if Crowe is going to blame woosha publicly.

2 Likes

Isnโ€™t this his first soft tissue injury? Collar bone and ankle were both impact injuries as I recall, and this bloke has muscles on muscles.
Just needs to concerntrate on building up his tendons!!*
Blitz sure does love a meltdown.
Donโ€™t write him off yet.
*facetious comment, donโ€™t take literally.

2 Likes

Got injured trying to spoil Belly, so still in tact :wink:

1 Like

Some blokes have all the luck donโ€™t they. This really sucks

I hope the club is ultra conservative in moving him midfield.

Clubโ€™s considering rolling the dice and playing him in AFLX.

9 Likes

If they do itโ€™ll have to be flashing ones.

com-resize-4

9 Likes

Second. Did a calf. But yeah I donโ€™t really buy the โ€œinjury proneโ€ thing for that reason.

1 Like

7 Likes

You donโ€™t buy that he is injury prone?

Right you are, I missed that one.
I agree that injury prone is a different thing to being unlucky. Lavs issue is not the frequency or amount of injuries, but the recovery time due to the seriousness of them. When he has an injury, he doesnโ€™t f*ck around!!

No I donโ€™t. If Tom Hawkins falls on your collarbone youโ€™re not injury prone itโ€™s just hard luck.

Edit: Heโ€™s had 4 injuries in 4 years. 2 of them have been hard luck and two soft tissue. Itโ€™s just fkn unfortunate that they have all been big and at the absolute worst time of the season (havenโ€™t they all been February or later to April or earlier?)

2 Likes

truck