#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

No coincidence that both he and Stringer stuggled today in that forwardline. Both playing the same role. Both should have had turns on the ball to get them into the game, instead we had Myers playing that role in the midfield.

1 Like

Can we loan him to another club for the rest of the year like they do in the epl so he can regain his confidence and skills?

4 Likes

Two weeks in a row has he has had a set shot at goal about 30 metres out on a slight angle. He hasnโ€™t gone close either time.

Simply not up to standard for a third year player.

There are no excuses. If youโ€™re going to play the game as a professional AFL player, you have to kick those 8 times out of 10. Especially at crucial times.

4 Likes

He is no frigging good

I swear, when he started, he used to kick gun barrel straight at goal.

19 Likes

He just doesnโ€™t have it. He has a look of a dumb footballer an it shows. Iโ€™d play him ahead of Myers though. Or does he not have a tank? Canโ€™t have a guy who freezes in the head every time he has a set shot play in the forward line

The whole league has been really, really bad this year, not just our players. Apparently this is one of the worst goal kicking years going around so far.

Heโ€™s a truck, considering heโ€™s not a huge bloke, I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve seen a player as bad below their knees.

However heโ€™s a pretty good mark, leads pretty well, with only his kicking really letting him down at the moment.

Heโ€™s never had a good run at it injury wise, so as long as heโ€™s fit, he plays most weeks for mine. Fourth year on our list, make or break, need to see what we really have at senior level with him.

He was good last week. Today he played dumb football, was second to the ball too often and behind his opponent every time the ball fell short. I think he needs a good run it.

Not always. He was generally accurate but he did shank the odd one. These floaters that drift off to the right are a new trick tho.ugh

Being injured as much as he has would affect your game. Pure and simple. It will take time and a consistent run to overcome that.

Just try him on the wing.

I donโ€™t rate him but we need to see if he can play and playing half forward where you can be anonymous for three quarters isnโ€™t doing him any favours.

We need players through midfield that can mark above there head so they can provide a target and Lav can also shrug a tackle.

Time to start experimenting and get something out of this year.

4 Likes

Agree 100%

Heโ€™s fit, he plays from now on, simple as that.

He has agility issues, but maybe he just doesnโ€™t have complete confidence in his body.

No you wouldnโ€™t after the amount of injuries heโ€™s copped.

The poor manโ€™s Langford. Same height, same draft, but without the extra time, without the strength, without the ability below the knee, without the vision, and without the tank. Heโ€™s a nice bloke though.

6 Likes

Yep. and itโ€™ll return.

Probably not the one to be sinking the boots into. Give him the rest of the year to see what he can do. He has huge areas in need of improvement but we need to find out if he can do that,
Its possible that his injuries have cooked his development and his career follows a similar path to Gumby, Pears, Myers but he could also use the next few months to launch into a good career. Not going to find out by playing these guys in the VFL. Keep the instructions simple in terms of pressure, defensive running, intent and play them.

4 Likes

Meh.

3 Likes

The problem with him is he really needs to play wing, or half back with his skill set and mobility, but he just doesnโ€™t have the tank. And sadly he has never been able to build one. He needs continuous VFL time in high running positions to try and develop one or he will more than likely just fade away.

3 Likes

Yep. I was at a 21st with him a couple of weeks ago. Real nice bloke.

2 Likes