#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Why do you think his kicking regressed so much? Has he had to modify his technique because of an injury that has caused some sort of permanent damage? Or has he just lost all confidence?

Personally I don’t think he’s ever been a good kick. His first 7 or 8 shots at goal just happened to go through and that created an illusion for everyone.

He needs to develop his luck.

3 Likes

i like that he can clunk a contested mark, come at me joe/stewart/stringer fans

1 Like

His β€˜mongrel’ is not making him a good player (as yet). I think Langford has better skills and potential to be a good player, mongrel or not!

3 Likes

I’m pro Laverde. And geez I’ve taken my time to have a good look at him.

What he has is a standing start leap and good hands. It’s his biggest weapon.

What he lacks is endurance. Meaning by the 15 min of second qtr he’s done.

No way he will ever be a midfielder. So for fark sake, work on the goal kicking, because if he’s coached as a forward he will he generate a lot of scoring opportunities, if he builds a tank he will become a seriously good forward.

absolute dud.

That missed goal was a disgrace.

Meh. Keep him in. A few months of Essington might do him good.

1 Like

It was a shocking miss but I’m not ready to call him a dud yet. The mark he took to even be having the shot was top shelf. Clearly hasn’t progressed as we would have hoped but I still see a lot of potential there.

Keep playing him and I reckon he will come good.

2 Likes

this is like the 6th or 7th shank

1 Like

Don’t expect anyone to improve their goal kicking when they train in gusty conditions all the time. Moving to the TVC was the worst decision the club ever made.

Yep, only JD has had more shanks from that range

I think Langford is a better forward than Laverde.

3 Likes

This guy is incredibly overrated
he is β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  β– β– β– β– 
wake up people
called this years ago

5 Likes

He brings the team nothing and has horrible positioning. 10-20 m in front of stoppage is retarded.

We get annhiliated the games Laverde plays, a complete liability, finally people are seeing the light.

One trick players (contested mark) verde or (long kick) myers are useless, you need footballers.

Not much point in playing him. Doesn’t bring a single thing to the table.
Sadly there’s hardly any better to replace him with.

1 Like

Magnificent football body looking for a football brain and some football skills.

1 Like

I think he is a poster child for everything wrong with our development program. He was a solid pick for that 18-25 range and showed a bit in his first year… then injuries and now just looks like a waste of time and energy.

I am was super happy we picked up this bloke but boy… ugly to watch.

2 Likes

Looks like Tarzan, you know the rest.

2 Likes