#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

So injuries are the problem of our development program?

Yep, I was happy too, it still waiting to find out why. Has been crap apart from one or two camoes. Surely goes at the end of the hyear.

He’s fkn over rated and I’ve said this day dot. Doesn’t work hard, no agility and has sloooooow decision making

Langford and laverde, both busts. Good work dodoro

5 Likes

Laverde?.. he was out there?

I have no issue leaving him in the team for a while as our season is cooked but how he waltzes into it while Langford plays 2s is beyond me.

2 Likes

Couldn’t close the gap trying to chase down Thomas.

2 Likes

Solid pick? Fark me he showed nothing at all.

One of our worst 1st picks since Shane Harvey

1 Like

Was really hoping he’d come on. Shocking couple of weeks for this kid. Time to give Langford a chance up forward.

1 Like

Ive defended.

I hoped.

I wanted him to be good.

Dead set spud.

6 Likes

On the few occasions that he gets the ball, his decision making is terrible.

1 Like

don’t know what he offers us at this point in time

He is the kind that in all seriousness…

Had he been drafted by another club I don’t doubt he would be a star.

Has all the attributes you’d draft in a modern footballer.
Yet does everything so terribly!!

1 Like

Should have let the Saints have him.

Was a fan of his, but fk me you’ll think he’s 2.2m he’s so bad below his knees.

1 Like

Surely that was his last chance for a while. Doesn’t get it enough and when he does decision making is poor and disposal is ordinary…just disappointing! Built for the modern inside player but doesnt have the running ability to play there! He might be better letting someone else develop him

Absolutely spot on mate. Two top 20 picks and farked them both up

Ive said it a million times. Either pick a mid or pick a forward. Not someone who’s ordinary at both

I thought he was a fantastic draft pick when I saw him first play. Out of all the picks we’ve had, he was honestly the one I was most excited about. Had high hopes for him but even I’ve started to give up that he would become the player I thought he would. No longer has the confidence when he started - who knows what might have been without those injuries. Play him in the seniors for the rest of the year and maybe we can squeeze a draft pick out of another club if he shows something. Maybe another club can squeeze the potential out of him that I thought I saw.

In 2014, the year Jayden Laverde was picked, he was initially touted as going as high as pick 5 to Collingwood, but they dropped off him and selected Degoey instead. We then snagged him as β€˜a bargain’ at pick 20 when he drifted. We had pick 17 too and many pundits at the time, thought we should have taken him there and Langford at 20 to minimise the risk of losing this elite talent. He had been a star at TAC level, but seems has turned out to be a player that didn’t have as much upside and development as we thought he had. Great kid, none the less and it must be a very tough for him with all this forensic navel gazing at the moment. Maybe another club would further his development better than us. There have been many disparaging whispers around about the failure of the EFC development coaches and program for quite a while now. Darcy Parish has not benefited from this either.

4 Likes

List clogger.
Has survived on potential far too long. Not the only one.

1 Like

Was woeful today. Must be dropped for that.

1 Like

Not working out forward but should be given a go on a wing before we give up on him.

He’s far from a star but in a good system he could do a job.