#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Pretty incredible for him to record 9 disposals, 0 tackles, and 1 behind playing as a half forward against the blues.
However, although i think he is overrated on here, i still haven’t put a line through him yet.
Maybe a bit more game time, confidence etc and he could turn into something good.
Hope he plays well on Saturday.

3 Likes

In which quarter this week against Geelong will Laverde suffer a major injury?

1 Like

Needs to continue to build his tank and play the Lynch (ADE) role.

We desperately need that contested marking target for the defenders to hit up on the way out.

Elephant in the room - he survived his game against geelong injury free!

13 Likes

Thought he was alright tbh, everyone did their jobs today. He’s very strong in the contest.

2 Likes

Invisible the first three quarters. Don’t think he has it.

Really cracked in today, played angry

Thought he did ok. Should stay in

3 Likes

One bad game away from being dropped if not already.

4 or 5 weeks of playing midfield in the VFL will do him some good.

2 Likes

You gave the kiss of death to parish last week. Now you’ve marked Lav! You’re killing me!

1 Like

He was very good today. Created a lot of dead ball stoppages in our forward half not letting it out. Got burnt by fanta good on him for letting him know about it. Building each week.

7 Likes

Just don’t see it with this guy.

7 Likes

Haha, I don’t think going back to the VFL as a negative.

The role he plays is a tough one because he’s probably 4th or 5th in line as a forward target and his lack of mobility means he can’t have an effect at ground level.

He’s being played out of position and really needs to add strings to his bow.

1 Like

More midfield minutes after the bye.

Can very much understand people thinking otherwise, but I really do think he has β€˜it’. It has never quite clicked for him but firmly believe it will.

4 Likes

Not true, . it did really click for him between his 1st Senior call up & his 1st injury.

Needs more games in a team playing like we did today for mine.

Showed a bit more today, as did Langers.

1 Like

That goal to GEEL on quarter time made Lav look painfully slow.

Tonight reinforced what I already thought. Ordinary. I honestly don’t see how anyone can see much in this guy. His output is sh*t most of the time. He has zero excuses right now, and he’s consistently not performing at senior level which had been the case in pretty much every senior game he’s played.

1 Like

Also was ignored by Stewart about 10 minutes earlier who instead kicked it long and Geelong ended up with the ball

1 Like

That was his best game against Geelong ever.

Made it through the game.

8 Likes

I tend to agree, I think what let’s him down is his willingness to put his body on the line and it seems he is almost scared of getting hit…