#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I agree. They held him back too long.

But making him really, really want it though, might not have been the worst idea.

If he plays out the year in the seniors then I’m happy.

Others have been given far more chances and Langford arguably has more weapons than them.

He should be further advanced than what he is.

McGuire in the Comm box kept going on about how good he had been…which was strange cos I’d hardly noticed him.

What he can do is take a decent clunk when he flies.
It’s a slow burn but he’s worth persisting with.

We will know by the end of the year. What will help him is if he can be consistent.

He is struggling in the seniors, but really can dominate the VFL. I’m not sure he has found his role at AFL level.

He called Guelfi as Laverde a couple of times. If you combined those two games into one, it was a decent game.

2 Likes

hot

4 Likes

Does one haircut go on top of the other or do they meld into one Iceman Prime sort of Voltron style setup?

2 Likes

1 Like

He’s had 7, 9 & 8 touches the last 3 weeks, and zero goals. I’d reckon with them numbers people will question if your good enough, and rightly so. That’s a garbage output.

1 Like

Laverde has been brought in pretty much the moment he is fit. Langford gets dropped the moment he has an off game. It is this reason one is supported here more than the other.

For Laverde, I’d drop him back to the VFL. We have a lot of players we need to see. There is no reason we cannot cycle players through the team. Just need to maintain the structure and not go too tall, or too slow.

2 Likes

Watch the replay Laverde forward pressure was enormous.

He made some great leads to have the ball kicked poorly to him or he was ignored.

14 Likes

I thought the opposite watching the game live. He squibbed a few contests, and put no pressure on at all. I haven’t used the phrase before but β€œlooks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” came to mind.

2 Likes

Squibbed ?

You need a larger TV to watch the replay so you miss nothing. Obviously your eyes don’t work β€œlive”

2 Likes

I’ve been critical of Lav before but watched it live and came into this thread to say he had a good game.

For the regular watchers, I felt this game was the first he looked back to 2016 fitness. He led well, pressured, move through the midfield and his disposal efficiency was good.

I saw Stringer ang Goddard squib from tackling the opposition but didn’t see anyone pull out of a contest yesterday.

Squib !

Goddard and Stringer, you are farking mad

3 Likes

I agree he hasn’t played well. That’s why I said what I said.

Squibed from laying tackles I said.

Ok bad use of squib. But they β– β– β– β–  me witg their weak defensive efforts.

1 Like

Squib is a very harsh word but one that perfectly sums up Alex Morgan.

He made an art form of it.

that hunt dude from geelong is the emblematic squib.

anyway, there was a few marks he could’ve/should’ve run harder to take but thats about it. imo.

Not sure there’s room for him in the forward line.

Massive unit tho