#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

thats probably the 3rd best our attacks been this year and it didn’t have hooker carrying it in r1. or joe.

until joe is ready to come back i’d keep it like it is with stringer stewart lav nerns/belcho

i wouldn’t drop him for green i’d keep green in reserve as insurance for a walla/raz rest/injury.

4th game actually.
Plus he played 3 VFL game. Can’t blame his lack of pre-season any longer.

1 Like

He’s been very consistent the last 3 weeks. It won’t help him at all if that consistency remains.

Still this. He has missed so much footy. Don’t want to invoke Rocky here but he just needs a run at it. Kicking 6 goals in his first game in the VFL for months shows he’s too good at that level. Give him time. This year is supposed to be his and Langford’s year, giving them each 20+ games goes a long way towards finding out what they have.

5 Likes

tbh its typical blitz overreactionary crap.

given up on the season, first win we get or loss we have oh no get rid of kids that could be part of our next good side keep old hasbeens/never beens still in the side and rotate the under performing kids so they know they’re only in for 1-2 games next chance they get.

5 Likes

I rarely agree with your posts but this is an exception.

We know what Green gives us, we know that Myers is not going to improve, Jerretts is a good VFL player, Smack gives us a good games or two then fades, but we know little about most of these young blokes so we do need to play them.

1 Like

Probably ignored the way he has been kicking for goal.

I reckon he was average, but I want to see what he can produce with an extended run in the seniors.

1 Like

Actually reckon he’s starting to find his feet. Didn’t dominate but give him a few games.

1 Like

Hrash, but I can see where youre coming from. He doesn’t look properly fit for me. He used to be legit quick in a straight line and had a great leap. Right now he doesn’t have either, so he’s just a mid size guy without much form or confidence.

Glad I’m not the only one that sees it. I’m hoping he hasn’t been Pears’d and just has an old man’s body now but he looks like he’s in pain/carrying niggles everywhere.

Has gotten a bit better in different ways each game, hopefully stays in the side while ever he is fit for the year and can get back on the path he started on

Same. I thought for the first time in a long long time he actually looked like he is starting to settle and show something. Just love the way he leads with purpose, cracks in, puts pressure on.

It’s just baby steps at the moment, but there is something there to be persisted with

1 Like

Have watched Q1 so far on replay. Lav has second efforts, attacks ball and the opposition. Didn’t get on the end of it enough but as a forward that happens. When the defensive pressure is good every week, and his attack is there then he should stay.
I have also seen him go in for a centre bounce just before quarter time, he looks to have enough pace to chop through there if need be.
Leave the team alone until the bye.

1 Like

dropped multiple easy marks

BUT AGAIN

opponent has ball in back pocket

there’s a player near laverde in our defensive zoon, he sees the player who he could at least jog over to deny the pass, but he sorta half walks 5 metres closer so he’s only 20 metres away, with a sort of disgust that he should have to run or put in any defensive pressure

they kick to the player as lav is nowhere near him, who runs off and disposes into the f50 with no pressure and they kick a goal

Multiple times a game for multiple games this happens, it’s a major issue with teams having free players through the centre, Laverde is a liability in a defensive set up and shouldn’t be getting games at this level. Has had a stinky defensive attitude every game we’ve played him and it costs goals.

3 Likes

yeah gonna discount everything you say if you spend that much time talking about once incident then off hand that it happens heaps of times.

2 Likes

Think you watched another game. It was Essendon vs Geelong at the G, played yesterday.

enjoyed him at centre bounces

1 Like

He may just get lucky for a while, with little selection pressure for his role:

• Begley injured
  • Daniher injured
  • Jerrett retired
  • Houlahan just a baby and injured
  • Long inconsistent
  • Brown…we’re not playing for a premiership, so what’s the point

Green…hmm…that’s the danger…McKernan, Stewart, Stringer may almost be enough height that we can do without Laverde.

Why do the hot ones suffer the same fate?