#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

See his nice step in the centre in traffic. Kid has it, will be better for the constant footy.

Raz should have hit up in the square

1 Like

Guelfi leaves tullamarine in a body bag

As much as I don’t think he’s much chop, give him until the bye. If no improvement, then see ya and look elsewhere. That’ll mean he’s had a 6-7 week run at it. That’s long enough to prove yourself. It’s bewilderingly those happy with his game on Saturday though, 8 touches and no score is terrible. He’s managed 9 or less touches the last 3 weeks with zero goals. That’s terrible form. If that continues until the bye, put a line through him and back to the vfl

In saying that though, I won’t be suprised if they drop him this week and rightly so, but give him a couple more imo

I’m starting to see more and more from him each week. I’m all for giving him a few weeks to show what he can produce. Then if he’s not up to standard, drop him to the vfl and give him major midfield responsibilities. He’s been pencilled in as a key part of our future, we need to find out if that’s actually realistic.

That play where Fantasia burned him in the goal square and kicked it out of bounds once the full was such a little thing overall, but 9 disposals and a goal for him would have been so much better than 8 and no score. Still not good by any means, but more defensible.

1 Like

im really not seeing it.

had decent attack on the ball, took a nice overhead mark, but apart from that? saw his opponent run off him probably 2-3 times, and i have serious questions over his ability to find the ball.

not sure what role he is playing for us at the moment.

1 Like

SHe’s playing the death role. Parish mostly filled it last year and most of this year. Decoy half forward role, selfless hard work to create space with no reward. If the forward line is working that role is being executed well. Laverde at his best in that role may get a few more kicks, a goal or two and pressure like Smith. However the pressure is more on the outside player rather than the ball carrier. He just needs to find an extra few efforts to own that position.

So we’ll nickname him β€œCroc” from now on then …??

1 Like

Also, … Fkn OUCH!!

Played his role tonight, happy we have persisted with him.

You can actually see him building into form

3 Likes

Last two weeks, in last 5 minutes of the quarter 6 out of 8 quarters he has been in centre square/midfield. Thats a good sign his building fitness and into our mid rotations.

4 Likes

Thought he was ok. Better than ok actually.

2 handballs for goals to McGrath and Langford in the first…

I thought he did ok tonight.

5 Likes

Keep sending them up.

2 Likes

He was much better one on one, keeps his spot.

1 Like

He’s strong in the contest, thought he was decent enough again. Like to see his tackle numbers a bit higher, but he’s bringing something to the team and keeps getting a game.

He was much better tonight…

He brings a good level of physicality and aggression to each contest he’s involved in. Thats something we havent had a lot of in 10 years. Also seems to be finding his role in the team now. Stays in.

4 Likes

Do not get the love for this guy. Never have, No weapons.

1 Like