#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

sexual frustration

anybody still talking him up are just blinded by how much they want to boof him

if he looked like ling they’d all be calling for him to be dropped and delisted about 6 months ago where he for the fourth time could not kick a goal straight in front 25 metres out

Absolute truck.

2 Likes

If only he had weapons… Like Peverill! He’s a great field kick and is seriously powerful around the ball. Those are great weapons that this team lacks bigtime.

1 Like

Fairly strong mark too.

2 Likes

I actually thought he was ok this week. Still got nfi what his role is, but he was instrumental in a couple of goals and used his strength well. There is something, but I just reckon we havent figured out how to use it…

I think this is what he brings that others gunning for his spot lack. Now that we move the ball long down the wings he can provide a marking target for players to kick to.

2 Likes

Looking forward to revisiting this gem of a post in due course.

4 Likes

He’s certainly not a midfielder. He doesn’t have the agility or clean skills to play there. He’s a straight line runner

I didn’t think he did much on Saturday, but he did more than his last month. I dont reckon he’ll be in the side after the break though

2 Likes

A great field kick? By what measure? His field kicking is bog average from what I can tell. Statistically it is a well below average.

1 Like

What an amazing post.

From um, and I know this is weird, watching him kick the ball.

Hes just about got confidence in his body to start going full tilt,with aggression.

Im just curious,if we persist,that the boy might turn into a man and start playing a really tough,rugged brand of footy.

Just the extra bumps and flat out on the lead marking started to give me hope his body might finally hold up.

Its his best game for ages,but he will still have to improve somewhat as others are up his clacker in the ressies.

2 Likes

Yep, … him and Lang both are improving by increments every week since being in.

Both need to stay for a bit now.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I’m not a fan and I don’t think he’ll make it. But he was better on the weekend than the previous 3. So give him another 1.

1 Like

Not a fan either but thought he was ok…sort of. As he’s playing forward I reckon a goal would be nice.

I have no idea what he actually brings to the side though. Surely we have someone in the twos who’s better

1 Like

I have not looked at his stats - but his kicking to me looks more like a weapon than a limitation. Penetrating, attacking and keeps it pretty low over good distance. His goal-kicking has been horrid of late - but I’ll back him in to turn that around - had great goal nous as a junior.

Watch the replay. I noticed him a lot, in tackles. blocking, and good little gives in close,… at least 2 of which were direct goal assists.

Also got clear a number of times and was well positioned, but went either unused, . or suffered well less than ideal delivery.

5 Likes

Fair enough but he needs to do more

1 Like

I think you can require more without writing him off, i’ve seen steady improvement game on game since his inclusion.

not that you and aboods have, just seems a general sentiment that once a player isn’t doing enough in most eyes, their career is done.

3 Likes

I’m quite happy for him to get 4 or 5 more games this season. I’m not convinced he should be getting them right now. I still reckon he’d benefit from 4 or 5 games in the midfield in the VFL to improve his fitness, then come back for a good crack at 4 or 5 AFL games. If he can’t show more after that, then he’s in trouble I reckon.