#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Pure Essendon this.

The GM of football on the live broadcast, in the first quarter literally says โ€œoh Laverde, yeah he had a tight hamstring during the weekโ€

Then boom, 8-10 weeks.

If it were an intra club last weekend he wouldnโ€™t have played but since it was a final heโ€ฆwait!

1 Like

Yep he also wasnโ€™t even sure if Jayden was out there due to this and said he has had niggles all pre season.

Laverde2Rehab

16 Likes

Like a few other players on our list, I just donโ€™t see how Laverde will make it at the top level. He seems a โ€˜jack of all trades master of noneโ€™ type of player. His speed, strength, kicking, marking ability, set shot are all above average. However, he isnโ€™t a stand out in any category. Iโ€™m not even sure what his best position is?
Delist or Trade for mine.

1 Like

Really hope for his sake he can come back from this, but the odds of him having a successful career keep getting longer :(.

Are we getting a touch of injury wobbles this season? Colyer, then Mutch, then Hurley (scare) and now Laverde.
We had a great run last year, but things ainโ€™t looking good atm.

1 Like

Sounds like Goddard

1 Like

Really poorly handled by the club this.
I was at training on the Monday and he only did the warm up then motioned that he would be going inside to swim. And Iโ€™d read the couple of preceding training reports that said he was absent. I was staggered to see him being risked in an intra club game on Saturday.

Heโ€™s in a contract year. This is exactly what he didnโ€™t need after 2 injury interrupted seasons.

1 Like

He is a forward, on a list with about 6 elite / AA forwards. Its going to be hard to pick him in that forward line.

The head of the fitness at the club should be instantly dismissed due to a total lack of duty of care! If it was known that jayden had hamstring tightness before that intra club game ( & according to dan Richardson it was) then why the hell would you risk playing him in a intra club game. Unforgiveable on the fitness staffs behalf , i hope the board ,coaching staff read the riot act bigtime to Crow and his croonies ! An absolute disgrace of the highest order

Iโ€™m sorry, but how the fark is a 21 year old doing 8 week hamstrings?

Sounds like someone in conditioning has really dropped the ball here.

2 Likes

LAV is cooked.

His body isnโ€™t made for football, more so modelling.

6 Likes

Get a grip mate.
The fitness staff have been excellent for a couple of years. This is very disappointing but you donโ€™t go sacking guys over 1 injury

12 Likes

It should be added for balance that I think Crow and the team have been outstanding in the last year or so.

5 Likes

He was possibly told to go 80% and over did it. If you pulled someone like Lav from training every time he got tight heโ€™s hardly get on the track.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Good question- he had tight hamstrings and was tentative but they played him.

1 Like

At AFL level his set shots ainโ€™t above average imo. But he is above average - good in all other areas. However his reading of the play is average, And he does seem a bit slow at AFL level at times. Maybe itโ€™s the stringsโ€™?

He had enough tools to succeed & those calling to delist are a bit silly.

With that body & speed / power I would like him to be played entirely as an inside mid in the VFL - is his body will allow.

He just canโ€™t break into the Fwd line.

Could Mason Redman possibly surpass him this year the way Begley did last year if he doesnโ€™t get a run at it?

He is a lot like Francis looks to have a great build for the game but keeps breaking down. Both of them a less than 50 percent chance to have a successful afl career now i think.