#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Weren’t Pears’ injuries almost all freak β€œaccidents”?

Afl.com.au Injury list update has him at 4 weeks. He is likely to be back in time for round 1 or 2 of the VFL (Round 3 or 4 of AFL) which is good news.

8 Likes

This guy has written a book on how to cope with multiple injuries.

9 Likes

Well only if you consider a busted pancreas to be a β€œfreak” accident. I blame Quinn personally.

When he’s ready to come in, Where does he play and who’s spot does he take?

By the time he’s back someone will either be injured or out of form. Not enough opportunity or highlights to warrant a permanent position so for the time being he’s a mid/forward rotation.

Evidence suggests that by the time he’s back the someone who’ll be injured will in fact be him again.

16 Likes

What has happened to speed up his recovery? On the latest injury update he is listed as 2-3 weeks. When he was initially diagnosed he was set to miss 12 weeks and return in about round 8 or 9 at the earliest. Not as bad as first thought?

It’s funny how they don’t even try and make it accurate. The day/date last updated is even wrong (Wednesday the 19th).

They’ve got Parish on the list but not Myers or McNeice

Personally, l blame The Geisch.

April 7th Round 1 VFL return date

Not gone for the year.
Standard 4 to 5 weeks for a hammy plus two (or three weeks - late VFL start) conditioning.

Only a fortnight before this thread springs back into life ( assuming life is a circular argument / reincarnation type of thing )

2 Likes

I have no idea on what his role would be if we have all our mids and forwards to choose from.

Wing or half forward in the VFL

thats my #1 issue with Lav.

what’s his role? Nobody knows. That never bodes well for a player.

2 Likes

Can he play half back? Has he had any experience playing that role at Essendon? Can he become utility rotation?

His role
Is mid
He’s gonna play there
And you’re all gonna like it

16 Likes

Can he break into our midfield though and what role would he play?

Langford for me has obvious skills that a mid needs but I just don’t see it with Laverde.

What makes you think he can make it?

Has he played enough games in a row to know where his best position is? Honestly have no idea. A genuine wildcard.

Did anyone else see his Instagram story? Bloke looked absolutely munted off his head.

What role does he play when he returns? to start with, provide selection pressure on those already in the 22. He want him to be cherry ripe and ready to eat a football when he gets his chance.