#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I agree

It’s a negotiation

We’ve offered 1. Wait for their offers. Work on our deal accordingly. And prob need to see where exactly we stand with incoming targets first.

Massive Bomber supporting family, you’d think will work it out. But if he really wants to go to a pleb club for an extra year seeya!

2 Likes

And give him a game to reassure him that he’s part of the future when fit.

1 Like

His family got him over the line last time Saints came knocking, if I remember correctly.

Don’t know if it’ll be the same this time. He’d know this could be his last contract in the AFL considering his injury history and age.

Lav wouldn’t leave Essendon unless we got rid of him. Bigger fan than setterfield.

It’s very iffy at the moment.

1 Like

Need to keep him. Talent is there .

5 Likes

His reputation is shot.

3 Likes

Surely if you are a grown up who you barracked for as a kid doesn’t mean a lot.

If you perceive that you haven’t been treated that well (not necessarily Lav) and/or you are offered big money and/or opportunity who you supported means close to zero.

Discard if all this talk is part of a Blitz in joke.

Better at contract negotiations than football.

He’s literally done nothing in 4 years

If he gets another contract, he can consider himself lucky. I think he will, and I’m okay with that, but geez. He hasn’t earned it

1 Like

Perfect storm for leaving the club and seeking an opportunity elsewhere IMO.

I’m a believer (some would say irrationally) so I’d be shattered to see him play in other colours.

P.S. The above was said BEFORE tonight’s match :sweat_smile:. Rational believer now?

The mistake we make is that given we only see AFL matchday we assume that is the sum total of how the performance of a player should be assessed. Over an entire career that is true, but Lav will be offered his next contract based on other factors such as attitude, commitment to rehab, VFL performance, training performance and a whole bunch of fitness, speed etc kpi’s. Sure the contract is discounted because he gets injured, but that also provides a very clear reason for his minimal output at AFL level.
The interest in him reflects he has a lot of positives which we don’t get to see.

2 Likes

Fair start!!

1 Like

All you need is Lav!

What a mark and goal!

Lavvvv 2 goals in 20 seconds
Fark all u laverde haters

12 Likes

I think the deal is every goal gets him a year.

1 Like

3 yrs n counting

Get the deal done