#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Sign da ting Lav

Whisper sweet LAVS in my ear

1 Like

His contested work when the ball was on the deck was a lot better today than I have seen for a long time.

Before the game I said to my dad I just wanted:

1. No injuries
  2. Lav, The Langford and the Messiah to all have good games.

:grin:

8 Likes

Looked really confident last night and his attack on the footy was first rate. That first goal he kicked must have given him a significant boost. Obviously faded but that’s the best game I’ve seen him play and he probably got himself another year. Well done.

A key attribute is his attack on the footy which we saw what he can bring when he is able to play like that. It’s also resulted in impact injuries which have obviously hindered him. Not that I’m comparing him to Hirdy at all, but I remember Sheedy saying that James had to think about backing off a little with his ferocity if he wanted to have a career due his injury rate. It may be a similar thing here with Lav.

Personally I was rapt to see him show us what he can do.

Needs a massive preseason.

His capacity to influence games is unlimited.

10 Likes

Fantastic first quarter… was a bit quieter after that but was still lively and continued to apply a lot of pressure up forward - he is a strong lad. I really hope he makes it with us.

I was sold on him when he smashed that pack with the first kick forward.

4 Likes

He needs a clear run after a good preseason.

He certainly had a bit more spring and agility last night. You have to wonder if we were rushing him back a bit early and should have taken the Francis approach of making him earn it after doing a mini preseason and a solid patch of VFL games.

1 Like

I liked it when he just pushed over one of the port players at the start of the game. That’s the aggression that I loved seeing from Lav in his first few games.

Nobody can deny his physicality or courage.

Could you imagine if Stewart played with his physicality?

Or could you imagine if Laverde was 6cm taller…

1 Like

I really like him as a player and I’m excited by the amount of dangerous forwards we have in our side who can also pinch hit in the midfield.

The bloke just needs some continuity and luck with injuries - if that happens though, I think he’ll be an absolute weapon.

The one concern is still with his set-shots though, IMO.

He still tends to miss a lot of β€œeasy” shots when the pressure is on - it’s a different mindset when you’re crumbling quickly without time to think, or you’re taking a pot shot from the boundary line, where no one is really expecting you to kick the difficult goal.

Really needs to start regularly nailing those 30-35m out regulation shots, though.

If he can stay fit and get that aspect of his game right, he’ll cement himself in the best 18 in no time.

1 Like

Has the perfect build for modern football. Just got squeezed out of my votes from last night, but it was not an easy decision to make, another day l might have put him in, as he deserved it. Against Post e was our catalyst and set up the win early. We were never going to lose after that first quarter and he was the one who got the ball rolling our way. Should have kicked a bigger bag.

1 Like

Get him fit, play him in the guts.

String, Lang and LAV beastin’ clearances til the early morn…

I’m glad you don’t run this club. No way.

1 Like

Ban this flog please. Repeats the same β– β– β– β–  ad nauseum for every player.

17 Likes

Hotter than Guelfi in summer

Like I said. Troll is a Troll.

Likely a FarkCarltoner FMM.

2 Likes

Does he play midfield in the VFL finals? Hope so… keep building that running power.