#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

No, i’m refuting that when he does get selected our season is ‘cooked’. Lav always takes a few games and hes back to match fitness he won’t need a year or 2 like begley, or francis. And he’ll be a good help for when we’re trying to get the ball out from our kick-ins.

Okay I got ya. Personally, I reckon he’ll need ~4-6 full games (plus managed minutes in his first game or 2 back) at VFL level before he gets selected and his form will then have to justify it. If we’re still in the hunt for finals in 6 weeks then he’s going to have depose a HFF or 3rd tall from a fairly settled line up you’d think. He’s gonna have to show some pretty absurd form in the VFL to warrant that IMO.

2 Likes

I’d swap him with stewart in a heartbeat.

Stewwy goes missing for 3/4s of a game in all but 1 this year and that game he was gone for a half.

Bit unfair on Stewart I think.

It’s not just about goals with our forwards. It’s also an ability to fit into the structure and perform a role. Within a game it may appear that he’s doing nothing to us outsiders, but he could be taking a defender away and giving another forward room to move.

I even noticed a few weeks back that they were using Joe as decoy to take his defender away so that Stewart and Hooker could operate. That game Hooker kicked five and Stewart kicked two.

Our forward line is functioning very well and it would be a brave move to disrupt it going into the back half of the year. Even more so if we are in finals contention.

3 Likes

Get him cherry ripe for 3 weeks before the finals then BOOM.

1 Like

Unleash those 12 disposals and <1 goal a game.

1 Like

Langverde?

1 Like

He was kicking multiple goals a game and looked like he had cemented the third leading tall type. He’s a fkn gun and easily best 22 imo

3 Likes

Kicking multiple goals? Last year? When we were missing half a side? Maybe, or maybe not…
He kicked 8 goals in 9 games last year. In 2015 he kicked 5 goals in 9 games. He kicked 3 bags of 2 and went goalless 4 times last year.
His numbers over his first 18 games are close to identical to Stewart’s. He might have huge potential but he’s simply not a significant upgrade on anyone in our forward line at the moment. And he’s a mile off moving into the midfield.

4 Likes

He looks like Ivan Drago though, so who cares.

7 Likes

Playing in the VFL is a hell of a lot different to playing in the firsts. He’s not ready yet but in time, he might be.

wow really?

2 Likes

LAV.

2 Likes

I like Laverde. However, he is nowhere near being a midfielder due to his lack of lateral movement. He is a leading 3rd forward running straight lines. At this stage he offers nothing over and above what Stewart is doing, in fact I reckon Stewart has better ground ball and movement skills .

Remember when we were all gung-ho about us getting both Laverde and Langford (and forcing Fark Carlton’s hand in the process).

3 Likes

He’s a mid. 100%. Fyfe esque and no I’m not joking.

5 Likes

PS fight me about it

1 Like

He’s not the straight line truck you guys are going on about.

Junior highlights:

4 Likes

He’ll just start out as the Stringer style forward…

I do, and I’m still very confident we have two very good players on our hands.

4 Likes