#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Hasnโ€™t played for a while and it seems his reputation is a little shot.

Named in the VFL - great news. I thought he would not play again this year. I hope he gets through ok.

3 Likes

Back from a serious ankle injury.
Hoping / looking for more then straight line running (although could be hard to tell cause thatโ€™s what he basically did anyway)
Kicking
And acceleration.
Donโ€™t really give a stuff about fitness or jumping - thatโ€™ll come.
Fingers crossed - and finally on the telly.

I wouldnโ€™t be looking too closely at anything TBH. I think he will be very unfit and lacking touch. I am just happy to see him out there running around, and I donโ€™t expect any great output from him, at least for 5 weeks or so.

3 Likes

Have to admit I thought the same. In fact I may have thought he was royally boned career wise.

1 Like

After getting my hopes up with KAV! I thought Iโ€™d be a little more circumspect with my expectations about players.

Bugger-that.

LAV!

6 Likes

YAY!den

1 Like

BRING HIM IN.

STRAIGHT IN.

6 Likes

IN - LAV, BIG BOI

3 Likes

Better that Laverde gets a solid chunk of VFL footy for the rest of 2017. Aim must be to play round 1 in 2018. My fear is if he has injury affected season in 2018 then he will never reach his full potential.

3 Likes

BOY OH BOY

Correct

All the talent in the world wonโ€™t help if youโ€™re struggling with confidence in your own body at the same time as youโ€™re meant to be working out your game and where you fit in.

Much the same boat as A Morgan.

1 Like

i reckon he will fkg tear it up. just got a feeling.

He looked to attack the footy with confidence so far in the first quarter in the VFL. I still have high hopes for LAV.

So do I, I just wonโ€™t be sweating if he does nothing for these first few weeks back.

1 Like

Big sigh of relief.
Did what I was hoping for and a bit more.
Still got acceleration, can sidestep, stop and prop, and his kicking still has penetration.
Able to jump too.
Coming back from a serious ankle injury a really good game.
Not going to be a busted crock / shadow of his former self (see Kommer & Prismall post injury)

In with a chance to return this year

5 Likes

Yesterday, he was managed to a limit of 8km. He was told to rein in his jumping to about 80%, and to generally not go full bore.

4 Likes

Perfect preparation to play seniors.

(it was just too easy to pass up, sorry)

10 Likes

Youโ€™re not the boss of LAV

10 Likes

Woosha seemed excited about Lav today in the presser.
He must be held in high regard as an upcoming talent. I donโ€™t think heโ€™ll be spending too much time in the VFL.

Canโ€™t wait, he could add a helluvalot.

1 Like