#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Didn’t lav take mark of the year for his draft class in the u18 champs?

Langford = Watson is not even close. Total different skillsets

1 Like

After watching that VFL game on the weekend I was struck by how much he reminds me of Membrey

Staying with β€˜type’ and not β€˜quality’, I’d go Lav=Stringer, Lang=Pendelbury.

3 Likes

Did you watch our last VFL game?
Edit - ok, mentioned 47 times already, sorry.

Never left the ground in his life…

5 Likes

ever

never ever

1 Like

bring him in.

Please woosh

Laugh all you want, I’ve had many doubters on here since 2006 that have eaten their own words :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

Langford - Fyfe
Laverde - Dusty
Francis - Danger

Holy β– β– β– β– . I stand corrected! That was a pure jump too. No assistance.

Oh god damn! You’ve all added another dimension to Lav for me. I already love him so this is just making me salivate. He’ll be in for sure this week. Cant wait.

No one fkn plays like LAV

LAV is LAV

Talk VERDE to me

9 Likes

In style I think thats pretty spot on.

Langers in particular has that great ability to find space with just a few quick steps that Pendelbury can.

See it regularly at VFL level but just needs to find confidence at the higher level and we have a beauty on our hands.

Lang needs to get more comfortable with heavy contact IMO and improve his tank and strength over the ball. A lot of the skills are there.

I’m not sure where Lav ends up playing. Looks like a natural wingman at times. But so did Zaha and he ended up making the transition to midfield quite successfully.

I doubt Lav comes in this week. Jerrett or (hopefully) Begley.

1 Like

I’m comfortable with where Langers at this stage. I go to VFL most weeks and I think he’s got bucketloads of talent.

Like you say he does need to work on his hunger for attacking the ball because at AFL level if you dont have that you will struggle to win enough ball. He doesn’t have to be a Fyfe or Kennedy though as some believe he needs to be. He’s just not that type of player. Pendelbury is a better comparison.

I agree with you on Lav. A wing position looks like his ideal position. I personally don’t think he has the required skillset to play a mid role but as a wing he would make a very good one. His kicking skills are very good and he moves really well. I think his marking would separate him from the typical winger and that could really make him standout in that role.

2 Likes

Is this a learnable thing?

1 Like