#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Not to the degree that you are going to turn into an inside monster, no.

But he just needs to bridge the gap a little and back in his other skills.

He has a great shuffle in contested situations that often gives him lots of time and space. I have heard some say they think he’s slow but I think that couldn’t be further from the truth. He doesn’t have breakaway pace but he can accelerate.

His handball work and decision making is as good as anyone in our lineup in my opinion.

I think he’s got a huge future and could easily become a top five player on our list. He just needs to believe he belongs in my opinion. He looks to be suffering from a lack of confidence when he comes into the senior lineup. I think that is partly because of the role he is playing at senior level. If for example we were out of finals contention I think the best thing for his development would be to give him an extended run in the midfield. He plays a hybrid HF/Mid role that just doesn’t allow him any continuity in his game and it means he doesn’t have ownership of the role.

I’m backing him in to play a big part in our future.

4 Likes

I’m not at all fussed about how he looks, or his hunger for the ball, but he’s 190cm and almost 90kg. He gets moved off his line far too much.

Yeah, that’s fair enough.

Like I say, I agree with you on that. I think he can bridge that gap and become a very good player.

He is only 20 after all.

1 Like

Well he’s been picked now. lets hope his form translate to the afl, and not just cos he was playing a β– β– β– β–  vfl side.

He’d wanna at least kick 3, otherwise surely the green knockers will be out in force, condemning his lack of goals.

greens got 3 in the last 5? who cares.

1 Like

He has that bit where he just wants it. Can’t coach that.

Hope he dominates with a good side around him.

1 Like

Long term injury.
First game of the year.

I’ll be pleased with 14 disp, a couple shots at goal, 4 tackles, 70% game time.

2 Likes

longterm injury.
plays a few games
straight into firsts team

KEILOR

6 Likes

Very impressive to force his way back in so quickly

!00% agree. Laverde is a much better option. Better on the ground and miles better in the air.

Ah…

Another piece of the puzzle is back.

This kid is a gun-you know it.

1 Like

BEEN AROUND THE WORLD

1 Like

Don’t speak the language

But your booty don’t need explaining

All I really need to understand is

When you talk VERDE to me

cue stallion on the sax

3 Likes