#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

No I don’t. I always think that. Lav was the mid and The Langford was the fwd when we drafted them. I jumped on the hype train straight away lol.

Now they have swapped!

1 Like

Don’t feel too bad, I went out and bought an EFC jumper last year with number 37 and Gach’s name on it.

12 Likes

I saw you post that lol.

I have a ■■■■■■ Dreamtime Guernsey with “Judas 30” written on the back. He was my favourite player.

Makes me wild everytime I see that ■■■■■■ thing lol.

When we beat Port in a final or win the premiership (whichever comes first) I’m gonna celebratory burn that thing to ashes!

3 Likes

Laverde was an interesting selection in that most changes have been like for like - On this basis J.Merrett or begley could have been chosen - You need to balance this against backing in potential ( Laverde ) against an average conveyance (J.Merrett ) and against Begley who may not have enough endurance to play Green’s role - One thing Laverde struggled with was getting up and down the ground as well as Green - Laverde will need to build his fitness in the AFL the next few weeks.

1 Like

Will come out and bag 3 next week and all the doubters will be claiming that Lav is their boy.

4 Likes

1 out of 2 chances blown, you’d think he’d use his first kick more intelligently than kicking it straight to a north player

was largely unsighted but for one tackle that will keep the hype train going

i was thoroughly unimpressed by his performance and think we missed Green’s sprinting to space to help his team mates on the wings that Laverde clearly does not

I bet that’s exactly what we was trying to do.

3 Likes

The last time I mentioned Green’s workrate, I copped a week of joke’s about stats and gps data.

7 Likes

I support DKP, he did say it quite a few times. I actually agreed with him too.

Only because a bunch of people on here don’t bother taking into account what a player does on the field, only whether they kick enough goals.

1 Like

Surely we can work out a system where it’s Laverde and not Tippa that’s sitting under high balls all night?

Reminded me of AA centre half forward Alwyn Davey on Saturday

6 Likes

Josh “Garmin” Green

Loves a 20m sprint.

13 Likes

I don’t understand how nobody(almost) can grasp the fact that LaV taking Greens spot doesnt quite work because of the way our structure has been set-up
Not because Green is a better player or because he was in brownlow/coleman winning form

LaV would be suited to Stewarts spot because it would keep the structure better but Stewart isnt injured so that hasnt happened

I absolutely rate LaV and always have, one of my favorites since we picked him but I was one who didnt like the selection last week due to the change in our set up
Having said all that he shouldnt be dropped straight away but when Green is fit I think we should and will put him back in the side

That’s only true if

A) Green is significantly fitter thus puts on more defensive pressure
B) Green is significantly faster
C) Green is a better all round crumbing player

And ‘if’ these are true are they more important than Laverde’s attributes over Green in the context of our current set up. You may well be right but I think we need more than one week (especially one where it’s the kids first game of the year) to see if it can work. Also remembering this isn’t the coaches first choice it’s a forced change.

1 Like

You didn’t !!!

You actually wanted Lav or BBB in.

"what we want
Begley of lav for Green (cos of injury)

What we will get
Howlett for green"

Doubters? What doubters? I dont think ANYONE on this site thinks the kid is no good?

More broadly, we didn’t play like busted crabs because we swapped Laverde for Green. “Structure” wasnt the glaring issue on Saturday.

1 Like

Hope he isn’t dropped, don’t see the point in promoting someone like him, Lang or Begley and only giving them 1 game. Should get at least 3.

1 Like

I don’t think its got anything to do with comparing the 2 players, they are completely different and play different roles.
I think Lav will be 10x the player green could ever be but he is a totally different player and thats the reason i think he was the wrong choice to fill that particular spot. I wasn’t howling about the selection because it was a forced change but i didnt and still dont agree with it being Lav at the moment, but like i said definitely don’t want him dropped after 1 game but i do think when Green is fit he will and should come back in

he’s also studying to be a cartographer.

1 Like
2 Likes