#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

He lined up on the wing at a few centre bounces.

Mid.

and some of us “non afl coaches” said that to begin with and he’d struggle cos of it.
2 weeks later and what’s happened, oh yeah something us plebs in the stand could see but not our coaches.

Begley should have come in, cos at least he’d be able to apply the pressure green was, and maybe his offensive side may have snagged him a couple of goals.

But it was the wrong move from day dot to bring him in so underdone, there’s giving a kid a go, then there’s just setting someone up to fail.
they’ve done it with langford and now lav, they are walking a tightrope of destroying these kids confidence.

5 Likes

this is why you don’t put a slow lead and marking HFF in a speedy defensive fp position

When Green got injured it FORCED a change…so we looked at the VFL form, and Lav looked in good touch, while Fridge had gone cold for a week or two…we made the obvious selection, stuck with it for a couple of weeks to allow Lav to get up to speed, but he has struggled to have an impact.

I don’t think we made any wrong decisions in this whole tale. I don’t see anything to get angry about.

2 Likes

Lav and Lang aren’t going to make it. Neither of them have the intensity

1 Like

What rubbish.
Lav plays with plenty of intensity. If you can’t see that you have no idea. He’s been out for 4 months ya banana. Still adjusting to the pace and trying to get footy fit again.

Langford I can at least see where you’re coming from but I’m hopeful he will be fine too as an inside mid once he sharpens up his spatial awareness. Or at the very least a roaming forward.

3 Likes

Inside, at that for mine.

1 Like

I’m all for a post game hissy fit but fk me

4 Likes

lets bring his mate Langford in this week and hope they do a Carlton round 23, 2016

Im in two minds about Lav. Part of me wants to stick with him in the team even there he has done nothing. As i can see the talent that he has. And he was the first one in to fly the flag for BJ when the dogs got into him so he gets credit for that.

The other part wants him out becuase he has done nothing

He has played 2 bad games, other guys in the team have been just as bad and have kept their spot.

Give him one more game

6 Likes

I agree. He’s not done enough of anything to prove anything definitively.

Kicked 9 in 2 weeks in the VFL so deserved a chance when Green got injured. Did exactly what you’d expect from a 20y/o kid who’s played all of 18 games to date and coming off a long injury lay off and against the reigning premiers who are getting back to somewhere near their best… that is not much.

Take home point, it’s not his fault 90% of this forum lost their collective minds about what this kid is and might produce in the seniors…

2 Likes

Gets one more chance for mine. Then the excuses will have run out.

It s**ts me to tears when a bloke gets rewarded for good vfl form but is then dropped after only one or two games. Lav needs a proper run at it. He’s up to two; three strikes and you’re out.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a Jayden issue it’s basically just the way we have setup this year.

Everyone had their role and they are all taken. He would have been better suited if Stewart had been injured and not Green.

I actually feel his ‘failure’ is more due the role he is being asked to fill and not the job of it he is doing. Perhaps he shouldn’t have been selected and instead someone who could provide the pressure required.

2 Likes

Yep. Langord’s dropping was perplexing too, he was just starting to build.

4 Likes

Laverde back to the Magoos with langford.
work on their game, might come in if we get more injuries.
but more likely stay there this year, another big preseason, and every other clubs supporters will be like, where did Laverde and Langford come from, Along with potentially a fit francis and Ridley.
Probably leads me to think we should be trading our first and second round picks for Kelly if we can.

Personally I reckon Lav, Lang, Francis, Mutch, Begley, Draper and Ridley hopefully having a great end of VFL season and playing finals together could be great for our team in the coming years

Edit: Add Redman to that list too hopefully

5 Likes

Hasn’t helped before.

1 Like

This time might be different

Fingers crossed

Last couple of years on a Blitz I’ve noticed a growing number of posters with such little patience with players, game plans etc. I guess the post-Saga frustration has created this, but every farking player thread is descending into a farking whinge fest of Violet Beauregards who want it all now.
And if they don’t get it: Trade this guy, fire this one from a cannon, move this one back to the twos for the year, it’s damn tiresome.

I hope Lav gets another go, cos a guy with immense talent who needs a chance to get up to speed and gain that extra percent or two faith in his body holding up in the big league deserves a chance to prove negative sooks wrong. He’ll come good.

21 Likes