#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I believe Bomberblitz over rates the VFL competition and its ability to get players ready for the demands of the AFL. There would appear to be quite a gap between the 2 competitions. Let’s leave him in the AFL team for the rest of the year. Say to him your place is guaranteed, go and play with freedom and enjoy yourself (which includes tackling, blocking, chasing etc).

3 Likes

I’d like him playing midfield minutes in the 2s, as I think that’s key to developing the player is hope he becomes. (One of those powerfully 50/50 forward mids who can win you games of their own boot). But I also understand that just playing in the seniors will allow him to adjust to the match speed and have an impact.

It will be interesting to view the balance of his development over the next 18 months. He’s missed a lot of footy and so opportunities to develop parts of his game, but it still has to be a long term development plan, rather than trying to rush to make up time.

5 Likes

It makes coming here a farking misery.

3 Likes

13 years since we won a final. Bottom three in wins for the last decade. The frustration is justified. We are a club that can’t even claim to be mediocre despite resources than run far deeper than all but a few clubs.

9 Likes

Green will come back in. Laverde needs a full uninterrupted season. He has missed too much footy to have an impact this year.

3 Likes

Yes, the club owes you greater effort. They need to try harder.

You know what I honestly reckon the lack of patience and frustration is? It’s because we have been that fkn sh*t for that long, people are over it. People want success, and we’ve waited long enough for Essendon to be a force again.

We have been in this very position maaaany times over the years, looking like we might turn a corner. Then we come crashing back to earth.

I reckon it causes a lot of unrest and negativity, which I hardly blame anyone for.

5 Likes

Seriously though - isn’t that the nature of sport? Within a game, or a season, or an era? Trying to get there, nearly getting there, not getting there, finally getting there, repeat? Isn’t that what it’s all about? We all know this, right? I mean - there are teams that have had tons of success recently. And teams that whole generations have gone by without that golden day. That’s what drives the whole thing - the huge emotional want. If you regularly won, say, every 5 years - it would actually become boring. It’s just like watching a game, but on a longer scale. If you knew you’re going to win, well, may as well watch something else - perhaps see a replay when it’s convenient.
Sport thrives because it feeds emotion. You’re supposed to ride that emotion, use it, and enjoy it. When it becomes an anchor - maybe you should be painting or something.

7 Likes

They do owe us and if you asked a player they would say the same thing. We’ve stuck fat with the club throughout the worst 4 years a club could go through, broken membership this year. Without our financial support the club would be crippled, so your damn right the club owes us.

We’re all fed up. Apart from the few who think we’re tracking fine and everyone’s amazing, which I want to believe, but I’ve seen this all before to fully invest myself 100% that we are tracking right. For mine, the midfield is still very poor and needs addressing

This years been abit of a rollercoaster and I’ve loved most of it, but no one should judge anyone about being pessimistic about us, if that’s how someone feels that’s fine, you might not agree with it but I reckon most can see why some get the sh*ts on or be slightly negative. Some of it is overboard (myself included) but geez, we ALL just want success

7 Likes

I agree with all of this and get what your saying, but it’s been 13 years since a finals win man. That’s pathetic from any club, and it happens to be ours, so that’s pretty disheartening

We need to start playing finals, and winning finals. Now

2 Likes

Last one from me - it’s not about the pessimism. It’s about the delivery. Whatever you feel or think, and a lot of it is, in my opinion, justified - there are people out there who are trying their heart out to be part of a successful era, and they care about it and invest in it far more than you or I do. They do not deserve to be spoken about disrespectfully without being able to put their case forward.

1 Like

all the players should have blitz accounts and post

3 Likes

Who would have thought Ivan Drago is gonna be taken down by a stumpy red dwarf.

1 Like

I have not met a Hawks or Swans supporters that says winning finals and playing in them is boring.

1 Like

I just want the club to make consistently good football decisions so we can become a respected team again.

2 Likes

Just my opinion.
Some of the stuff written about players,particularly in the Match Day Thread, is despicable.
I don’t care how much they f*cked up a piece of play, or even a whole match.
We need to be better !

4 Likes

You should see me at my house

2 Likes

I feel it too, I’m starving for a finals win and it sucks that it probably won’t be this year. But it’s one thing to bemoan a bad team performance, it’s a whole other thing to thread hop and unfairly insult players who are giving their all, illogically so when anyone with their wits about them can understand development takes time and a lot of these guys haven’t been with the team long and have barely played together. Surely no one truly believes we’re not on the way up? So strap in and hope the ride gets us there this time.

I’m bitter about 15+ years of no success so I’m gonna tell Green to fark off out of the team and never come back? And then do a 180 a week later and tell Lav to take a flying one cos he didn’t play the all-time great game upon his return? Nah, people have to be more clued in and measured than that. Some of the negative banter and tantrums on here can be fun, but I’m against the rising tide of petulance and insult.

11 Likes

Apologies, back to the thread topic.

Also worth noting the change in not having user blocking any more. There are a lot of arguments that weren’t happening previously because people basically couldn’t see each other.

4 Likes