#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Lav to go back and get the required VFL games quota to qualify for finals, and play a big part in the VFL finals series.

1 Like

Is there any chance you could provide some examples? Not having a go, just genuinely interested in what youโ€™re referring too. Blitz has been emotional in match threads since inception from 2002 so Iโ€™m not sure why suddenly people are getting sensitive. Ask any long time Blitz regular and theyโ€™ll tell you the match thread is just a microcosm of the emotions people go through in a match, ie. initial anger, joy etc. I still remember the pure hatred Hennemen copped for when he went into the ruck in the last quarter against Carlton and they beat us from 5 goals down and Whitnall had a day out. Blitz went crazy, it happens. To call out match threads is insanity, itโ€™s like analysing peoples initial reactions live at the game a week later and asking them why they said โ€œoh f*cking hell Joe!โ€. Fans love the team and itโ€™s completely natural in every sport in the world for fans to get overly emotional.

If the despicable is referring to criticism of players than I think youโ€™re pushing sht uphill if you think thatโ€™s unfair, forums/media/jouranlists the world over anaylse and criticise playersโ€™ performance and it comes with the gig and otherwise shut the forum down if people canโ€™t give honest opinions of players and performance. On the otherhand, name-calling and hoping players de should obviously be ban worthy.

Needs to play all three of them.

Or (take a deep breath) he plays two of the remaining three, we make AFL finals and he plays the third in the first VFL final โ€” note that he could only play that first final if he did not play versus Freo.

1 Like

wow Itโ€™s almost like that 6 goal game against a sub par vfl side was misleading and fooled most people โ€ฆ hmmmm

But hey the coaches know best right.

Wow, itโ€™s almost like you support another clubโ€ฆhmmmmmm

But hey, you know best, right?

1 Like

These are up there with the shittest posts on the forum.

3 Likes

No, these are up there with the shittest posts on the forum.

I think you have it well covered.

5 Likes

Put him in the midfield for the second half.

Need his grunt and pace.

Can;t read the flight of the ball at the momentโ€ฆ useless up forward.

Are you at any stage gonna say who youโ€™d bring in instead?

2 Likes

It doesnโ€™t matter.

1 Like

Iโ€™ve thought tonight is the most he has shown at senior level this year. Still not right but did some good things, let down by disposal.

1 Like

He was pretty good last year showing a lot of good signs. Heโ€™s come in after 4 months out and done OK. Heโ€™s still a kid so Iโ€™m giving him leeway, and I definitely prefer playing him over Howlett/Myers/Colyer even at half fitness.

1 Like

Played very well in the last 2 qrts.

Basil Z said during TV commentary that tonite Laverde had been good and that he had returned from a long time out.

Basil on the money as usual!

Garbage first half, okay second half. Needs to be hitting the scoreboard but

2 Likes

still finding his feet. at least he got a bit more of it tonight.
hope he has lateral movement. we already have too many straight-ahead trucks who can be side stepped easily

Needs to play 2s as mid

He looked a bit rusty at times, and lacking confidence.
But, did a few good things.
Needs to play the rest of the year. Yry to give him a bit of confidence heading into preseason. Whether we make finals or not, the next 2 weeks should be all about setting up for next year.

Was a lot better tonight deserves another run next week.

1 Like

I said begley at the time, but bring in anyone you know who hasnโ€™t missed 3/4 of the season, and was only 3 games back from said lay off.

I got nothing against LAV, itโ€™s not his fault. But hey again the coaches know best, cos they are the best most awesome coaches ever and they never ever ever get anything wrong.