#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

x2. What a fking bizarre comment.

1 Like

Except for Parish, Heppell and Zerrett, you are correct.

Zerrett was a part time mid in his draft year.

But yes 3 players will make the midfield work

No they wonโ€™t but his point was we donโ€™t draft midfielders, yet we do. Even MCG is being groomed for eventual midfield work and you have even claimed that. His point was not correct.

Do we draft enough of them? No we donโ€™t and that has to be addressed.

1 Like

If you canโ€™t see that he has tools coming out of his eyeballs I canโ€™t help you.

Heโ€™s (slowly) building and was OK last night.

Iโ€™m full lid off on him. Play him in the fkn guts.

2 Likes

I am not sure he is ready for the guts, he should be playing forward half only until his fitness is up.

BBB should be in the guts though.

Yeah,โ€ฆ not in the middle yet,โ€ฆ but I can see him getting there.

People giving it to LAV! clearly didnโ€™t see him playing before the injury run began. It may take a bit for him to get back there, but he will if he stays fit now.

His best stuff was standing up in contests last night. Give him 40% midfield time

2 Likes

Invest games now. Reap dividends next year. Future of the club.

Weโ€™ve been complaining about not blooding youngsters. This is what you get when you play youth.

2 Likes

We all know the midfield requires work so there is no need to constantly have a dig at the club in every single post. Even then you took a swipe at the club.

Just say we have some decent midfielders, listing them, then highlight the ones we need to complete it.

So we have confirmed mids in Heppell, Merret, Parish. We have players who are running through the mid such as Walla, Lav, Langford. Then we have potential mids in MCG, Begley, Clarke and Mutch.

So thatโ€™s 10 potential midfielders.

Do we have more and what mid types are we missing?

Add some constructive information in your posts instead of just slagging the club every single time.

1 Like

my kids keep pointing out how strong he is. just seems that he isnโ€™t up to speed at AFL level - that one in the 1st quarter would have ended up in a goal and looked great on the highlight reel, as would have a few other opportunities which he either coughed up or killed the momentum.
He isnโ€™t a defensive liability either - lays a strong tackle and his defensive pressure will also improve with time as his fitness improves.
To sum it up, I think it will come together - would persist with him, could be a real asset and a nightmare to line up on.

1 Like

Laverde will be a far better player than Langford.

1 Like

I can see them both tag teaming from a HFF into the middle in a year or two.

Right from the start Iโ€™ve had this feeling they are the modern taller versions of Misiti & Mercuri.

Heโ€™s far more talented than Langford who to be frank, Iโ€™m pretty concerned about.

3 Likes

Langford simply seems to lack internal aggression.

2 Likes

He is more aggressive than Langford but I still see Langford ceiling significantly higher. Regardless, we really need both to reach their full potential, pretty vital to our list build.

Yepโ€ฆ both late first roundersโ€ฆ weโ€™d want to get something from them or our depth of talent coming through is pretty poor.

You think he should be angryโ€ฆat himself?

3 Likes

He should privately seeth.

5 Likes

Yeahโ€ฆhe should sometimes. Needs some fire in the bellyโ€ฆghost pepper or habanero style.

1 Like