#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I think it’s weird how many can be OK with the plodders doing nothing and being selected, and yet trash a young kid who I still have high hopes for. I like LAV, he’s missed 4 months of the season, he’ll probably be a bit slow this season. He’ll be a good contributor, wether he reaches anything amazing is up to him and if he can add some versatility. His aggression and worth to the team is already more than a few and that’s coming from a zero base.

4 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think he was as bad as people are saying. He didn’t get a lot of it, but attacked the contest hard and split packs.

2 Likes

Edit: Still Langford talk here … we’re in the wrong thread but …

Stood up in tackles and effectively disposed, … often.

I see what was being said about 2nd efforts with him, but it’s sort of 50/50 with him on that front. Sometimes he does, others he doesn’t, and it’s likely whats keeping him out & holding him back, and, will have to improve there. He will, … I think he’s working on it & has improved on it over the season already.

We’ll see him next year, along with the rest. Frang Lav Kanga BBB Ridz Mutch, etc will all be a big part of next season.

correct. I haven’t changed my tune for 13 odd years.
Ironically look how the club has faired !!!

guess that’s just coincidence

the issue is it’s a flawed process by which Lav was picked.
Begley may have produced the same output, and i’d have had no issue, cos it’s rewarding a player based on a seasons worth of form against all kinds of quality opposition. not just 6 goals against a sub par vfl side.

But I guess flawed decisions always end up yielding the best reults right ? Lav’s confidence must be sky ■■■■■■■ high right now with how well he’s dominating at afl level right ?

Wow, you are like a modern day Nostradamus.

It is just beyond me why some AFL team hasn’t picked you up to select their teams for them, because from the safety of your Mum’s basement you seem to do such a amazing job and with a proven track record of 13 years and counting. I mean, how would the coaches, fitness and performance staff, team psychs and assorted others who have direct access, on a pretty much daily basis, to the players, know whether they are up for it or not. For a modest fee you could replace dozens of employees at the footy club. ■■■■ me, we could back in the black in no time!!

FFS, I reckon you would have been banging on about the same ■■■■■ back in 2000.

6 Likes

very average first half but thought he improved ad the game went on.

Agree with that, and from memory, it mirrors what happened last time with him.

This…really like the way this kid moves, he is a natural footballer & athlete to boot. Will be an elite footballer !

Its time for a changing of the guard at Bomberland, no more fill ins, no more disgards from other clubs, no more oldies, lets back the kids in ALL the way to a tilt in 2020.

I thought he had a decent game. A very almost game. Got to the right places and looked damaging but his shortcomings will likely be fixed with more exposure and experience.

1 Like

I reckon Lav’s confidence is far better for playing senior footy than not.

He was (arguably) in the starting forward line pre season, then got injured. He came back to VFL, kicked 10 goals in two weeks, and then an injury in the senior team meant a forward spot opened up. (It’s not like they dropped anybody for him.)

Where is the flaw in the process? A forward got injured, so they brought in a kid who not only desperately needs games, but had also kicked 10 goals in two weeks and was clearly the best option on form.

An order of magnitude better than his 2 outings back from the Ankle. That should give an indication of how little he did in those games.

Correct!

I feel that all he needs is to be instinctive when he gets the ball in hands more often, that is to use the very first option and not hold onto it and looking for a better option.

He became unstuck a number of times in the first half when he held onto the ball too long looking for that perfect option.

Once he started giving it off quicker he looked much better in the second half.

A bit of continuaty in his game will help too instead the long layoffs with injuries.

He’ll become very important for us once he strings more games together and builds his confidence in his body.

very typical that slow mode of thinking for players coming back from a deep freeze or the VFL. It takes a while to realize there’s that less much time to get rid of the ball, everything’s tighter etc. unless you’re McG who can go from TAC to AFL and it just seems he’s been there forever…

1 Like

I’d say parish was the most seamless transition to AFL I’ve seen from an essendon player perspective. His 1 game in the vfl this year he dominated more than omeara supposedly did against us.

2 Likes

Spot on. Blokes around here just jump on things way to quick…Conor McKenna should be in Ireland already by half the “experts” around here

5 Likes

Best game of the season by a mile. Provided the lead up forward, good disposal and applied great pressure.

Too bad his kicking for goal was off. Had that awesome run of something like 12 straight, now he just kicks like the rest of the team

2 Likes

His disposal really really hurt us tonight. He’s got to improve with what he does with the ball.

He is getting better every quarter that he plays.

Don’t forget he is coming from a long way back this season considering his injury.

Applied some great tackles tonight and played an important role.

8 Likes

Well all the overhypers will get their wish next week of a forward line of Langford, Lav, Begley.

According to opinions in here those three plus JoeDan, Hooker and Walla should win us the next 2 flags (minimum)

1 Like