#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

He absolutely should have been dropped he played an aweful game.

He needs to find the scoreboard with raz and green out. How he and begley contribute for the rest of the season will go a long way to how we fair imo.

1 Like

Lol yeah drop him and bring in Howlett.

Reading Blitz does my head in.

Thought he was good. Starting to get his hand on the ball. Had a few score involvements, which was great to see. His kicking efficiency can be up and down, I will be happy to take that now. If he is doing it after he has played 60 games then you can question him. I know how long Jobe took to get that fixed. I love the intensity he plays with.

Really hope Langford gets in next week. These guys are our future. What a waste of a year this has been playing them in the VFL. Imagine Langford turns around and says he wants to leave. He should not have been dropped. Like Tom Mitchell did to Sydney after being played in the reserves for too long, he turned his back when it came to contract time.

4 Likes

McPhee part two. I hope we don’t spend another 5 years trying to fix basic skills. Use as trade bait to get a pacy mid that kicks well

1 Like

IIRC,… he didn’t play VFL the week between. I think he was more β€œmanaged” than dropped. Crowe might have thought the load at senior level had taken a toll, and just wanted him to do some gentle recovery work for a week, just to be judicious on the quad.

This. 100% agree. Back the billy lids, we know what the older guys can bring to the team and it ain’t much better than that of the young guys…the kids will only get better the oldies won’t. Its time to roll the dice in their favour.

Lav has an x factor about him , just watch he will explode into our best 22 very shortly.

1 Like

Was average but not terrible. Perhaps just did enough to keep his spot

1 Like

I was talking about when he was dropped a few games back not after last night.

He is most defiantly behind Langford atm which is to be expected with all the injurys he has had. Langford killed it in the 2nds, but struggles to do it week in week out. Im line ball on dropping him for Langford.

Been around the world don’t speak your language

1 Like

Keep sending him up.

2 Likes

His performance is very underwhelming.

3 Likes

That is a compliment considering his senior performances this season.

2 Likes

I was trying not to be rude.
TBH I’m not sure why everyone gets excited by him.

3 Likes

Had a great preseason, then was stuffed by his injury. Lost all his touch, is basically doing a preseason in the ones, with all the bad handling and disposal that implies.

Will be better next year. Not sure how he can stay in the side if there’s any alternative whatsoever though, given how he’s been going.

4 Likes

I think he’ll be very good player for the club for a long time personally.

4 Likes

Honestly it’s LOL people who bag boekhurst who looks a 10x better player than him. At the moment mind you. I hope it changes but deadset he has done nothing since he has come in

5 Likes

I’d love this to be true, but I can’t see any basis for this assessment. Really has shown nothing at all.

1 Like

Barry, the bloke has played 20 odd games, I’ve seen the way he moves on the field, his eye for goal, and his athleticism and flair. I also disagree he has shown β€˜nothing’ - he has shown good signs to those that care to operate outside of scrolling to the bottom of the stat sheet.

7 Likes

We drop him when we have better options than him that are fit. Not there yet but the signs are there- strong marking, good leading, tackling and pace. But he needs to playing games like this is round 1 to build. Next year will be his.

1 Like