#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Are you talking about Laverde, or Langford, or both?

Lav for sure, I reckon Lang has shown the odd glimpse.

Would still play Begs ahead of both of them right now

3 Likes

Thereโ€™s about 20 odd posters on here suffering from this, they also refer to some sort of amazing potential Lav once showed in his past to deserve the hype and make ridiculous excuses like heโ€™ll come good once we carry him for another season? The delusion is strong with this one

2 Likes

Good question perhaps to be pondered if you had to make a choice between Lav and Lang who would it be and would club consider giving up one if them in a trade

Back to VFL for finals. Give him a full pre-season and weโ€™ll assess him at the end of next year.

2 Likes

We had our chance to trade laverde to st kilda

1 Like

โ€ฆwhat?

Was pretty easy to find flaws in his game today - would never make this criticism of him

6 Likes

Iโ€™ve been on the hype train since before recruitmentโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve peddled the injury excuses, the poor San excuses, the development excuses, the saga excusesโ€ฆ u name it Iโ€™ve used itโ€ฆ but fmd I just canโ€™t defend that effort today. Pure spudness and doesnโ€™t deserve the finals spot. Both he and Lang have really disappointed thus far. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

He was never leaving. It was just Paul Connors trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the club.

Lavs been terrible. Needs to be dropped and focus on a massive injury-free pre season

2 Likes

He does have the physique. Very rarely uses it.

Never uses his pace with ball in hand. He found the footy in space off half back today and ran backwards. I was like WTF. Take the game on. You have the tools man.

No confidence.

And he just hasnโ€™t shown his explosiveness that he showed in his draft year. Frustrating.

Pretty easy question.

What a surprise. Young player struggles after disrupted preseason.

9 Likes

disrupted pre-season has nothing to do with the arrogance of not thinking he has to man up or chase his man or even be part of a defensive zone, completel liability

Serious question. What evidence is there that he is being โ€˜carriedโ€™ or that he is in some way cheating the supporter base by his anonymity during his vast body of work over 23 games? You have some strong opinions but I have rarely detected any insight beyond a rudimentary emotional feel for the game.

He wasnt. He was miles behind his opponent and his opponent ran off him .

Settle down

EFA.
โ€˜Didnโ€™t get a full pre-seasonโ€™ is one thing.
Being kept from playing for an extended period, two years in a row, is a little more than that.

Just needs to get his confidence back, โ€ฆ seems to have lost his belief in himself at Senior level.

โ€ฆ itโ€™s coming, โ€ฆ slower than I think Iโ€™ve ever seen it return, โ€ฆ like itโ€™s on a friggin drip feed.

Iโ€™m gonna call him Pantene from now on until it does.
(It wonโ€™t heppen over night, โ€ฆ but it โ€ฆ etc)

Remind me what it is he does well other than looking physically imposing?

Is he being played out of position? Is he more a midfielder?

1 Like

No touches?