#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Isn’t it if he’d played like 4 AFL games less (i.e. all the ones since he got back)? I’m not entirely against a guy who has only played 2 or so VFL games being able to play in the finals because we drop him from the AFL side. If he’d played enough VFL he’d be eligible no matter what.

At least he is consistent.

My apologies, Sal was referring to the specific rule “if an AFL club’s VFL team is playing on the bye weekend, any AFL-listed player who did not play in the AFL club’s AFL team in the final round of the home and away season will be eligible to play in the club’s VFL team.”

Happy to trade the 2 L"s

Jayden Pears.

I’m not majorly worried about Lav, but I am a little bit worried that he’s broken. And if he is I will blame Geelong forever for doing it.

I’m getting a little impatient with Lang and Lav though. Lav has been injured the whole time and then when he’s fit he takes a while to warm up, brings the heat and then gets injured again. And Lang is fit the whole time but gets dropped every 3 minutes because he looks like he doesn’t give a shiit. If we see nothing from either of them by this time next year I think it will be pretty safe to cut our losses.

2 Likes

if he kicked straight this season youd all be singing a different tune

2 Likes

If my aunty had a dik…

1 Like

…and he CAN kick straight. I have no idea where that skill went this year.

Harsh in my opinion.

The only blokes on our list that are younger, and performing better are Parish and McGrath, both elite talents.

Both Langford and Laverde have had high quality performances at VFL level, and they have both managed average level performances at AFL level with not a lot of opportunity.

2018 will tell us a lot, as both have an obvious spot in the best 22 if they are good enough.

1 Like

1000000% they’re best 22 if they’re good enough. And I actually think they are good enough to be getting a best 22 spot. We need to be giving them as much AFL experience as possible. But if Lav keeps getting injured then surely we cut our losses and run. Intensity and intent are pretty big parts of what make a champion footy player and Langford is a bit lacking in that department. I think he needs for Bags to come in and head butt him randomly at training one day just to fire him up.

1 Like

Langford is great when he gets fired up.

I’ve seen it maybe twice. A rare phenomenon.

I’m pushing again with hypotheticals.

Can this kid actually play legitimate Full Forward if he put on 3-5kg?

He is listed 191cm 88kg
Lloyd was 192cm 93kg
Fevola was 191cm 100kg
Roughead is 193cm 98kg

He maybe undersized compared to modern day monster fwds but if you have elite power and acceleration could he physically perform in such a role?

I think probably not but was wondering if the idea was worth exploring. I think that is more likely than Jayden becoming a midfielder.

1 Like

I’ve got no idea what he is. There’s almost zero chance he’ll make it as a forward if we land stringer

I actually thought it’d be worth keeping him in the team with hooker out as the forward you kick the ball onto’s head every time.

He is such a physical specimen. I know he was playing under 8’s when he kicked 6 goals in the VFL but he hit the ball and pack hard. His physique is Lloydesque and he can mark. He is also good in straight lines on the lead.

Then again he could be Jay Neagle…

I think he fumbles a lot though if he wants to play mid…

I maintain people get sedueced by Lav more by how he looks than how he actually plays

5 Likes

THIS, 1000X THIS, people here are so ■■■■■■■ deluded

guy is a truck

I do find these kind of comments from Ben amusing. Considering a certain drum he likes to beat

7 Likes

I honestly don’t get the criticism on Lav and Lang. I certainly see the potential on both but I’m well aware that they’ve both had their own issues. Lav injuries and Lang growing his body from a beanstalk HFF to a huge inside mid tree. Doesn’t help that they haven’t been given games like they would in a bottom 6 team.

Tipping both will cement their spots next year if they can have good preseasons. Especially Lav.

2 Likes

He’ll fit in perfectly with our midfield then…

1 Like