#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

That’s just your breath.

2 Likes

7 Likes

TAYTE PEARS IS BACK!!?? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

…oh it’s just LAV…

6 Likes

LAV

1 Like

Big preseason coming up for LAV and LANG

Both trying to establish themselves a spot in the side

Probably just getting swol so he can go pick up Birds this weekend…

6 Likes

Is LAV the new Chad Sexington?

1 Like

I think they both β€˜have it’ but are both traditional HFF types. These types of players are been replaced these days by quick blokes that are good at putting on fwd pressure. Green, Fanta, Tippa, Colyer. Neither are slow, both are good overhead, both have good skills. Lav has a harder edge, but langas is more composed and silky. It takes time for these types to develop into the midfield. Langas is progressing about as well as could be expected, while Lav has had a lot of injury troubles, but is not that far behind.

I think both will make it, but unsure how good they can be.

Kid has 4 months off with injury and get surprised when he doesn’t dominate games off the bat.

I heard an interesting comment from Nick Dal Santo today, regarding off-season physical programs…

He said if players know they have got an overseas holiday coming up, they may get in the gym immediately, to get a head start on their physical conditioning.

Then they can enjoy their holiday, let their conditioning decay a little bit, but still come back in a decent state for preseason.

2 Likes

He doesn’t need any more work on his pipes FMD, last of his footballing issues

2 Likes

Agree, he needs to hit the track doing 400s and circuit work building an endurance base.

Laverde is a midfielder. In an ideal world he would have been uninjured these first 3 seasons and would have therefore done a perfect apprenticeship on a HFF with stints on the wing. Unfortunately he missed out on that opportunity but I still think he would have learnt a lot about forward play in his first few years. Inaccurate kicking aside he was still getting a decent amount of shots on goal.

I fully expect him to train with the midfielders this preseason and with a bit of injury luck will be a best 22 midfielder who can rest forward successfully.

3 Likes

β€œFor a midfielder he does a very good impression of a leaping leading forward.”

I wouldn’t say it was a very good impression.

2 Likes

IDK, I reckon he’s got the right intensity and agility to be an inside mid.

1 Like

Does every one of our players have to serve a 15 year apprenticeship on the flanks before they graduate to midfield or is it just Essington?

7 Likes

So Blaine has been delisted. Let’s hope that Laverde becomes a star so we can rub it in for years to come and get ahead in the premiership race!

Even better if both he and Langford become stars, given Langford was the one they were after

I can’t see how he gets a midfield spot.

5 midfielders + 2 on the bench.

Zerrett, Heppell, Parish, McGrath, Zaharakis, Smith, Myers, Langford
That’s 8 players who are definitely infront of him for a midfield spot.